Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM with Visual Composer

former_member197351
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everybody (especially Mario ),

I already implemented some applications in visual composer with an ERP. Now I have to create an example application in <b>CRM</b>. Well, I don't have really much knowledge in CRM, so it isn't really easy.

First I tried to use the services which are found by the VC, but they don't gave me data....everywhere the output seems to be 'empty'.

Then I asked a developer to give me a remote-enabled module. So they modified the CRM_ORDER_READ. When I try to test this there is always the error:

Portal request failed
(Connection Failed: Nested Exception. Native connection to the back end system is broken.)

=> no problem with connection pool, because a test with BAPI_BANK_GETLIST on the same system is running fine.

Where could be the mistake?

Well, I need an example for <b>activity management in the CRM</b>. Perhaps someone can give me a hint how to build such an example with the already existing services. Don't forget, I am not a CRM expert

Thanks in advance

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

you have to check if you have the authority for execute the RFC function module. Maybe there are some dumps, you can check this in transaction SE22.

Best Regards,

Marcel

former_member197351
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

> you have to check if you have the authority for

> execute the RFC function module. Maybe there are some

> dumps, you can check this in transaction SE22.

Mh... transaction SE22 doesn't exist in our systems....CRM 4.0 and 5.0 (and some other systems...)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

that was my fault, you must use ST22 instead of SE22. Sorry.

Best Regards,

Marcel

former_member197351
Participant
0 Kudos

I checked my permissions and they are sufficiently. In ST22 there are some errors, but I think I have used some wrong services for my tasks.

Do you know a service for the activity management which would give some proper results? So I could test it.

Best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

I'm sorry, I have no information about the services for activity management, but I would use external breakpoints in your service and debug the service. I think there is an error in the service (based on the modification) or an issue with your permissions.

Best Regards,

Marcel

former_member197351
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have gone into detail about CRM structure (and I hope I have understood ).

It seems that there is a different structure within CRM applications. There aren't simple function modules with input and output, there are complex groups of them which work together and use data in internal memory (I hope, I described it in the right way).

To use it you need a lot of them or you have to develop a new function module for the VC which starts internal function modules and works as a "layer function module" between CRM and VC.

Perhaps a CRM development expert can tell me if this is correct.

Best regards,

Christian

former_member197351
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have new information.

Take a look at the BAPI "BAPI_ACTIVITYCRM_GETDETAILMULT". When you use it in Visual Composer it finds one input port and several output ports.

Now use transaction SE37 of the CRM and check the same BAPI. Here you can see that there is the same "Input" as "Import" but the "Export" is empty. All the entries in the visual composer output are entries from the SE37-Tables. A developer told me, that these tables can be imports and exports. So the VC doesn't recognize it in the right way.

Well, it seems, that we have to implement a wrapper BAPI which uses compatible input/output to use the getdetailmult bapi.

Any comments? We hoped that there will be no implementation effort.

Best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

I'm not sure if I have the same system to access to the BAPI, that's why I did't try it. But as you developer colleague mentioned you can use the tables of BAPIs/RFCs for im- and export. There you can select the table in VC right click on it and say flip port then you can use the port/table as input. You must understand the service for using it.

Best Regards,

Marcel

former_member197351
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer! This works great.

Is this method explained in the documentation? I think I haven't read something about it.

It is really not easy to build an application without further knowledge of the usable bapis.

Best regards,

Christian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lanzlf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Cris,

This is because the user don't have permissions in the backend to run the BAPI or to read the results of this BAPI

Check the permissions in the backend

Best Regards, Luis

former_member197351
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

> This is because the user don't have permissions in

> the backend to run the BAPI or to read the results of

> this BAPI

I have SAP_ALL, so I think there should be no problem.

Regards,

Christian