cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc Pack size from R/3 to XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I am putting IDoc pack size as 500 in WE20 partner profile . Still getting 500 single IDoc .

Somewhere I read that its not possible to sent multiple IDocs in 1 packet to XI .

<i>"IDOC packects from R3 are not received as packets in XI

they are received as one by one..."</i>

Please confirm if this is true and have to use BPM only in this case .

Thanks in Advance ,

- Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dev,

Yes even if you give the packet size as 500, XI will receive the idoc's as one by one.

2 options,

1. Use BPM.

2. Use the File port to create a filewith the 500 idoc's and then let the file adapter pick this file. Look into this blog for how to accoplish this,

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/18/collecting-idocs-without-using-bpm

I would suggest using option 2 .

Regards

Bhavesh

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

let's try not to suggest option with a BPM

(so as not to provoke people say - XI is slow...)

as you mentioned the option by Stefan is the best in this case

Regards,

michal

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michal,

Point noted

But, to be frank I have seen BPM's in production and I have never faced issues on its perfromance. Agree that it is not as fast as a solution without BPM but I have never seen my customer walk up to us and tell us "hey this aint working as per my requirement" .

In most cases, if the solution demands a BPM it is okie, but like you mentioned explore non BPM options and if you dont get one then move to BPM as a last resort. But this last resort doesnt necessarily have to be a bad resort

Regards

Bhavesh

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

with 500 it may not be

with 5000 it could be

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Just went through the blog /people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/18/collecting-idocs-without-using-bpm by Stefan.

How do we access a R/3 server Application server path from a file adapter? Should I install a FTP server program in R/3? Or ther is an alternate to this.

Kindly clearify.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jai,

1. Either use a FTP.

2. or, Mount that folder on your R3 to a folder in XI ( at the Unix / OS level ) so that XI can access this folder.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi-

Also check this blogs

/people/prasadbabu.nemalikanti3/blog/2006/02/27/collecting-and-bundling-vendor-records-from-different-multiple-interfaces-file-systempeoplesoft-and-sending-to-sap-r3-system-part-2

/people/pooja.pandey/blog/2005/07/27/idocs-multiple-types-collection-in-bpm

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>pack size as 500 in WE20 partner profile

this has no value for XI - you will receive one by one

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>