cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM - Mature?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All...

I am looking for experiences and information about implementations of MDM that have repositories with multiple millions of records. In this case, the "customer book of record" is being transitioned from a legacy non-SAP system to R/3 and MDM is being analyzed as a way to manage fields that do not exist in standard R/3 but are needed during the period of time that the legacy app must be supported.

<b>1) Is MDM mature and scalable?

2) What are the issues with performance and features?

3) Are there implementation "gotchas" that are likely to trip up the unwary for large implementations?

4) Are there any experiences between using MDM compared to using the "Golden Client" approach for master data.</b>

Thanks for your time,

BK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well...

No responses at all???

So Let me just pass along one of our learnings that our prototype experience of running MDM on AIX with IBM UDB was not at all stable. The MDM application would crash w/o warning and logs would not provide any information on the cause. This lack of stability has caused us to look at other Master Data Management alternatives. On a better note, we did have very good responsiveness from SAP on these issues and they are working to fic them but our prototype experience did not prove that MDM was a good choice on the platform we are using.

BK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

The development team recently discovered and fixed a substantial problem with AIX and DB2; the fix is available in SP5 Patch 2, which was just released. I hope you will give us another chance and try this release, and if you do continue to see problems with this platform, please let us know.

Thanks,

Cleopatra