cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Explain me the Alarm, XML,Xacute,OLAP,Aggregate Query’s?, How to use this query’s? What are the Basic requirements(Data base,servers ,modes ) for this type of query’s .

Murali.A

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To clarify usage of the various xMII query types:

OLAP, Tag, SQL and Xacute are the only query types you should be using in your xMII applications.

<i><b>Aggregate, XML, and Alarm query types are legacy types left from very early versions of xMII and have been replaced with much richer functionality in xMII's business logic services and within other connectors.</b></i>

OLAP is used to access multidimensional data such as that in SAP BW or, in some cases, Microsoft SQL Analysis services. Multidimensional expressions are used as the query language (MDX). OLAP queries consist of cubes, dimensions, measures, and other metadata.

SQL queries are used to access relational and "pseudo-relational" data sources. The most common sources are RDBMS's such as SQL server, Oracle, DB2, MySQL, and similar sources. There is also an OLEDB connector that provides connection to desktop and other database sources such as Access, Excel, and also to the OLEDB interfaces to some plant systems such as OSISoft PI, GEFanuc iHistorian, Wonderware InSQL, and so on.

Tag queries are used to access real-time and historical data from a variety of different manufacturing applications. A "tag" is simply a named piece of data, such as a sensor measurement, production count, machine status, or other value from the target system. In general, tag data is used for "instant" or "current" values and for "trend" or "historical" values.

Xacute queries are used to "wrap" xMII business logic service transactions in an xMII query so that they can be consumed by the xMII user interface applets.

In all cases, the queries expose a variety of different "modes" for accessing information, which include not only data, but also metadata browsing.

I encourage you to read the online help at help.sap.com for more details.

Best regards,

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murli,

IF you Just want to get get familiar with these all than best way is help.sap.com.

You will find each and every step regarding server configuration and common functioning.

and If you are in really situation for any of this please let me know.

Explain your case , i will help you out.

Best Regards

Ramshanker Upadhyay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<b>Alarm query</b> for querying data DCS systems, HMI/SCADA packages, building automation systems, and network management/monitoring systems.Alaram queries are used in the case process systems

OLAP query for getting data from OLAP data source.

OLAP query is used to use get the data from all the OLAP sources. But in xMII case it is preferably used to fetch data from SAP-BW. Using

xml query we can get the data from xml files and also we can get the data from other query templates and business logi transactions. Using the following URL's

for query template : http://<server name>/Lighthammer/Illuminator?QueryTemplate=<Query Template path>&Param.1=..

for business logic transaction : http://<server name>/Lighthammer/Runner?Transaction=<Transactin path>&InputParameter=<value>&OutputParameter=<OutputVariable defined in Transaction>.

For tag queries you can find other threads already available. exact difference between the purpose of tag query and alarm query usage is :

The alarm queries are used to store the events and actions related to the process systems, where as the tag queries store the process values with respect to time.

Regarding the query have a look at this Thread:

-Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Murali,

XML Query: XML Query is used to pick data from xml files. Create your own xml with Columns and rows.Place them in some location of your system and in your Query template Click on XMLConnector and mode is XMLQuery. Configure your Source URL and you'll be pull data from xml files now

Aggregate Query: Aggregate Queries are used to combine result sets of more than one Query.You can combine the result sets from multiple Query templates and across different sources. Aggregate Query usuage is not recommended

Xacute Query: Xacute Query can execute a transaction.In your transaction define a Output parameter and this is available in your Xacute Query. You can Link this Xacute Query to a display template to showm the results of a transaction. Mode is Query Mode

Alarm Query: Alarm Queries are used to pull data from Alarm databases. I dont have much knowledge on them

Thanks,

Ajitha

Reward Points for useful answers....

Message was edited by:

Ajitha