cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ShmDelete, Operation not permitted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem on a Redhat Rel 4 system (SAP is 4.7x200, Kernel 6.40, 64-bit). It seems, that the work processes are not able to delete shared memory after the wp is not in use anymore. The error message is:

<b>ERROR => ShmDelete(1002): shmctl(45350917,IPC_RMID,0) (1: Operation not permitted) [shmux.c 2969]</b>

I'm using the es/implementation=std.

Does anyone has an idea, why shared memory can't be deleted?

Thanks in advance

Ulrike Tubbesing

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulrike,

Can you give a little more information?

Are you involved in Installation/Upgrade process? Any recent changes? (kernel update, OS changes...)

Regards,

JC Llanes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan Carlos,

the problem takes place during normal operation issues. We didn't change the kernel or os parameters. Since one an a half week we get messages from our monitoring toll, that the usage auf swapspace is higher than usually. By analysing this problem I sawto the error messages in the trace file of work procces.

It seems, that the d+w processes also have shared memory segments, that belong to user root (not saposcol).

Regards

Ulrike Tubbesing

0 Kudos

Ulrike,

you may get this messages if saposcol is not running and its shared memory segments were not properly cleaned up. Try as <sid>adm :

saposcol (if it's not running already)

saposcol -d

Collector > clean

Collector > quit

saposcol -k

saposcol

Best Regards,

Henning Sackewitz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulrike,

Please, follow the Sap note 941735 regarding Linux OS and Sap Profile parameters and check if they're correct at your server.

With this note you can also test with the other memory management system (MAP implementation). Note 386605 will help with it.

Let us know if this helps with your issue.

Regards,

JC Llanes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked this oss note before I opened the request. It did not help. I don't want to switch to memory management "map".

But the mail from Mr. Sackewitz, seemed to fit on my problem. The saposcol was not running. I did the steps mentioned and I'm just waiting, it the error will occur again, or if it is fixed. In the last hour the error did not occur.

Thanks for your help.

Ulrike Tubbesing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for your help.

The error did not occur for maore than one hour.

Ulrike Tubbesing

Answers (0)