cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Support Pack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

1..When should we apply the Support Packs. Means At the time of the Installation or at the time of the post Installation????????

2..When should we Update the Kernel?????Is it mandatory to Update the Kernel??What is the Use?????

3..When should we Apply the Patches????What is the Use of it?????

4..What is the Difference Between all these Threee???????/

NOTE::Here Iam Installing the XI First Time In My Machine..........

Please Let me know All the Details

Helpful ANS Wil be Rewarded.

Please Dont Explain me in terms of Any doc's

Regards

Khanna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ans

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>1..When should we apply the Support Packs. Means At the time of the Installation or at the time of the post Installation????????</i>

Hi after installation or after post installation .Its better to apply after post installation.

<i>2..When should we Update the Kernel?????Is it mandatory to Update the Kernel??What is the Use?????</i>

After installation you can update the Kernal

/people/community.user/blog/2006/12/04/use-sapcpe-for-kernel-update-on-netweaver-2004-as-java

<i>3..When should we Apply the Patches????What is the Use of it?????</i>

During Service pack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1..Is there any difference between the Service Pack And the Support Pack?????

2..As per the Above Answers there is no need to Apply Any Patches Or Updating the Kernel Before the XI Installation. Is it Right????????

After the Post Installtion Only We should do all these Things.Is it Correct???????

Please Confirm this Issue And Clarify it . Why because iam going to install the XI on My Machine.....

Regards

Khanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

To know more about what feature each service packs has ..have a look at

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/57/a21f407b402402e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

regards

Piyush

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>1..When should we apply the Support Packs. Means At the time of the Installation or at the time of the post Installation????????

after post installation

>>>3..When should we Apply the Patches????What is the Use of it?????

after appylying service packs

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1..Is there any difference between the Service Pack And the Support Pack?????

2..As per the Above Answers there is no need to Apply Any Patches Or Updating the Kernel Before the XI Installation. Is it Right????????

After the Post Installtion Only We should do all these Things.Is it Correct???????

Please Confirm this Issue And Clarify it . Why because iam going to install the XI on My Machine.....

Regards

Khanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi-

<i>1..Is there any difference between the Service Pack And the Support Pack?????</i>

No

<i>2..As per the Above Answers there is no need to Apply Any Patches Or Updating the Kernel Before the XI Installation. Is it Right????????</i>

Yes

<i>After the Post Installtion Only We should do all these Things.Is it Correct???????</i>

Yes