'SAPCAR' is not recognized as an internal or external command
Actually I am trying to install NWDS 2.0 SP14 (JIDE14_0-10002804.SAR). I need to unzip/uncar this file, so for that I installed SAPCAR6.40. I installed both these in D:\NWDS 2.0 SP14.
When I go to command prompt and try to do SAPCAR -tvsf JIDE14_0-10002804.SAR, it says " 'SAPCAR' is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file ".
I set the path and classpath to D:\NWDS 2.0 SP14\SAPCAR_0-10003696.exe in environment variables.
Do I need to do anything else. Please be informed that my java_home is C:\j2sdk1.4.2_09 and that I do not have SAP AS installed on my system.
Reply me if you need any further informtion.
I need the reply soon. Please guide me.
Thanks in advance
Norman Schröder replied
try the following:
1. Rename your <i>SAPCAR_0-10003696.exe</i> into only <i>sapcar.exe</i>
2. Copy this file to your <i>c:\windows\system32</i>-directory
3. Go to <i>Start -> Run...</i>, type <i>cmd</i> and click on the <i>OK</i>-button
4. In the new window only execute the command <i>sapcar</i> -> there should be a output from sapcar
5. If so try to execute the command <i>sapcar -xvf D:\NWDS 2.0 SP14\JIDE14_0-10002804.SAR</i> to extract the package
Hope it works.