cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with RFC Destination in SM59

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

We are working with an IDoc to File scenario..and we are following the steps mentioned in <a href="/people/swaroopa.vishwanath/blog/2007/01/22/ale-configuration-for-pushing-idocs-from-sap-to-xi Viswanath's Blog</a> for the pre-configurations required for the scenario. But our problem is, whenever we go for distributing the Model view from R/3, it ends up in an error <b>"Name or Password incorrect"</b>. Even if we try to trigger the scenario without model view distribution, we get an error in BD87 or SM58, although from WE05 it says..<b>"Data Passed to port Ok"</b>. I guess the problem is with the RFC Destination for XI system, but there we have maintained all the credentials like User,Password etc.

Can anyone provide us with an insight on what can be the problem?

Thanks and Regards,

Amitabha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Check in SM58 with the user id as * and check if there are dumps that indicate what the problem with the user maintainedi n SM59 is .

2. Try a remote logon and check if it works fine in SM59.

3. Make sure that the details enetered in SM59 in the rfc destination point to your XI server and are as expected.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thanks for the prompt reply..but...

1. I have already checked in SM58..it says "Name or Password Incorrect"..whereas I am very sure that I have entered the correct ID and Password in Logon Details.

2. Remote Logon should give us a "Start SAP Easy Access" screen..but it is providing me with a Logon screen..when I enter the user name and password (maintained in Logon Details of the RFC Dest.) it shows me the screen.

3. Details are all OK.

I am sure this is a problem regarding Username and Password, only problem is..it appears I have not done anything wrong!

Can case-sensitivity or Unicode be of any issue?

Regards,

Amitabha

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

><i>Can case-sensitivity or Unicode be of any issue?</i>

Exactly.

I have seen cases when the Password was changed in the SAP system to all small or all capitals and then things worked.

This looks like an issue with the case sensitivity. Try making a change in the password as above and once again checking things.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>I have seen cases when the Password was changed in the SAP system to all small or all capitals and then things worked.

Make the password to all capitals.

The logic here is in Unicode systems, the password is case sensitive. In a non-unicode system, it is not case sensitive ie. Every thing is in capitals. Suppose you have R/3 non unicode system and a Unicode PI server, the password you type in SM59 in converted to CAPITALS automatically and this fails during authentication check.

Hence if you have an all capitals password, this issue will not arise.

P.S: This logic was explained by Sudarshan Arvamudhan for a similar problem I faced a while back.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for that clarification

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

You almost hit Bull's eye...only difference was I had to create a userid with username in all CAPS and password in all CAPS. You get the big cake.

Bhavesh, thanks for pointing me to the case of all caps..I have also awarded you points..and Ashwin, your description will come in handy for our Scenario..so you get a piece of cake, too!

Thanks to all of you for guiding me in the right direction..and above all..Hail SDN!

Regards,

Amitabha

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

><i>and above all..Hail SDN! :-)</i>

It is so nice to see people explain the means in which the problems are solved. Need more people like you here on SDN.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad to have helped.

I remember the time when I was breaking my head with the same issue for almost a week.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amitabha,

Also check if your RFC user is locked.

cheers,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Amitabha,

Though u would have done all the ALE setting for pushing the data...plz look into the follwing necessary steps again..

1) RFC Destination (SM59)

a) Choose create.

b) Specify the name of the RFC destination

c) Select connection type as 3 and save

d) In the technical settings tab enter the details SAP SID/URL and system number#.

e) Enter the Gateway host as same details above SID/URL.

f) Gateway service is 3300+system number#.

g) In the Logon /Security tab, enter the client user & Password details of Destination system.

h) Test the connection and remote logon.

2) Create Port (IDX1)

a) Select create new button

b) Enter the port name as SAP+SID (The starting char should be SAP)

c) Enter the destination client.

d) Enter the RFC Destination created in SAP R/3 towards other system.

e) Save

3) Load Meta Data for IDOC (IDX2)

a) Create new

b) IDOC Message Type

c) Enter port created in IDX1.

SAP R/3

1) RFC Destination (SM59)

a) Choose create.

b) Specify the name of the RFC destination

c) Select connection type as 3 and save

d) In the technical settings tab enter the details SAP SID/URL and system number#.

e) Enter the Gateway host as same details above SID/URL.

f) Gateway service is 3300+system number#.

g) In the Logon /Security tab, enter the client user & Password details of Destination system.

h) Test the connection and remote logon.

2) Create Port (We21)

a) First Select Transactional RFC and then click create button

b) Enter the destination port name as SAP+SID (The starting char should be SAP)

c) Enter the destination client.

d) Enter the RFC Destination created in SAP R/3 towards other system.

e) Save

3) Create Partner Profile (WE20)

a) Create New

b) Create the Partner no. name as same the logical system name of the destination system.

c) Select Partner type LS

d) Enter details for Type: US/USER, Agent, and Lang.

e) Click on the + button to select the message type.

f) Select Partner no. and LS which ever create above.

g) Select Message type

h) Select Process code related to the Message type.

I) save.

In SLD – System Landscape Directory

TS for R/3 (Logical system):-Assign the client name created in R/3 as Logical system Name.

Ts for Third Party (Logical system):-

BS for SAP R/3 (Logical system):- Assign the client name created in R/3 as Logical system Name.

BS for Third Party (Logical system):-Enter the XI logical system name.

In Transaction SALE

Define and Assign the logical system name.

Regards,

Ashwin M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

Thanks for your valuable comments, but I guess all these are in place.

Regards,

Amitabha