cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background of logo appears grey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I tried to create a logo using transaction SE78, but in window the background of the logo appears grey, which should not.

What should I do?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

nikbereziuk
Explorer

I know the thread very old, but today I had the same issue and my colleague managed to fix it for me. Sharing his explanation, maybe it will help someone in the future.

My problem was that the client's logo was provided as PNG, with transparent background. I converted it in MS Paint to 24-bit BMP and then uploaded it to SE78. It was uploaded successfully, but on the printout (created using Adobe Forms technology) it had grey background where the original PNG had transparent background. Official SAP's suggestion (link) is to convert the file to 8-bit BMP (256-colors), but it didn't work out for me straight away because MS Paint drastically decreased the quality of the image when converting the image from 24-bit BMP (or the original PNG) down to the 8-bit one. After a couple of trials and errors my colleague managed to provide me with the 8-bit BMP that is finally being displayed properly without grey background on the printout. Here is what he did:

Solution that actually worked: in gimp take png or svg with transparency, add layer filled with white as background and export as 24 bit bmp. Then convert to 8 bit (i have used irfanview for that) because SAP can't properly handle 24 bit bitmaps - colours get distorted. Such 8 bit bitmap is correctly displayed in SAP forms.

I can't show you the end result as I don't want to disclose the client's name, but I hope this workaround makes sense.

Regards,

Mykyta Bereziuk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

In case you are using script(since you have not mentioned whether you are using script or smartforms) please check whether you are specifying any intensity in the include statement

Incase you are using smartforms then please check the output options tab of that window in which you might have specified shading %.

Regards,

Subodh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Before u upload u r logo , u need to see that u r logo in BMP is correct,ie,. it should not contain any extra space acround u r logo not even white space . See that it is exactly done. and then upload

Regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani.

Did you use a transparent GIF or similar type of graphic. If so try to replace the transparent background with white or other wanted color in a external graphic program (Photoshop etc.) and upload the logo again.

Hope that helps,

Timo.