Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying SC before transfer to Backend

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Keywords: SRM 5.0, Classic, BBP_CREATE_BE_RQ_NEW

We want to be able to NOT transfer certain line items of SC to the Backend (R/3). That is, we do not want the line items to be created in the requisition that is created in the Backend (R/3).

Suppose a SC has 5 line items and two of the line items have a Product Category of “X”. When the SC is approved and a requisition is created in the Backend (R/3), the two line items with “filtered” and the requisition that is created in R/3 will only have three line items.

I know that there is the BAdI BBP_CREATE_BE_RQ_NEW, but I am not sure how I would implement the BAdI to meet my requirement.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Naing

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't understand your business case... why don't you want those X ityems to go to R/3 ?

If not transfered, for what purpose are they staying in SRM ?

Why not deleting them ?

Kind regards,

Yann

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<u><b>Please read this -></b></u>

<b>Log on SPRO Transaction in SRM system.</b>

<u>SPRO PATH</u>

o IMG&#8594;SRM Server&#8594; Cross Application Basic Settings&#8594; Account Assignment.

&#61607; Define Account Assignment Categories. In this step you define different Account
assignment Categories and assign fields to these Account Assignment Categories.

&#61607; You can also define how the EBP Account Assignment Category assigned to
Backend Category

o IMG&#8594;SRM Server&#8594; Cross Application Basic Settings&#8594; Define G/L Account for Product Category and Account Assignment Category

using SPRO settings, you can change the standard behaviour of the system based on various attrbutes e.g., for a Particular Product, Item category, etc.

Here is the Path ->

IMG -> Supplier Relationship Mnagement -> SRM Server -> Cross-Application Basic settings -> Define Objects in Backend System (Purch. Reqs, Reservations, Purch. Orders)

Define Objects in Backend System (Purch. Reqs, Reservations,
You perform this step only if you create your Materials Management documents in a backend system. You specify the documents that are to be created in the backend system for a requirement coverage request. 

The following documents can be created:

-> Purchase requisition

-> Purchase order

-> Reservation

&#61607; You specify the G/L account that is to be posted to in Financial Accounting in the backend system, depending on the product category and the account assignment category.

&#61607; Note that for each product category that you work with, you have to enter all possible account assignment categories and a G/L account

<u>For more details -></u>

<u>Please ensure that you have made the correct SRM and R/3 Account Assignment settings in this case.</u>

<u>Refer to the links for making proper Account assignment configuration settings.</u>

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/62/1123fbb9aa4fc9a83e875428e9daac/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/30/2f20380217de3fe10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

<u>Please ensure that you have maintained the correct GL Account (Based on R/3 system) in the SRM system.</u>

Hope this will help.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of filtering out the 2 line items after the SC is created,you can put a check while creation of SC for the line items which contain "X" product category.

You can use the BADI's "BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI"/BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI" for this.

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Disha,

The thing is that we still want the items with the "X" product category on the SC.

We just do not wnath those items to be transfered (i.e. created) to R/3.

I was think of making a configuration "trick". I IMG setting "Assign product category to Backend", we assign the "X" product category to a "dummy Backend system (i,e, local). Do you think this will work?

Thanks,

Naing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<u>No .. I don't think so, this trick will work.. </u>

(In IMG setting "Assign product category to Backend", we assign the "X" product category to a "dummy Backend system (i,e, local). )

I have not tried this. But seems to be a Quite interesting requirement ...

<b>But Yes..it's possible using the BADIs ..</b>

<u>You need to create custom field at the SC - Item level and for a particular Product Category set the field to 'X' ..using the BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI and then Inside the BBP_CREATE_REQ_BACK / BBP_CREATE_BE_RQ_NEW - Custom BADI Implementation, read only those Shopping cart line items, which don't have flag 'X' set to this custom field in order to make Purchase Requisition in the R/3 back-end system, as per your business requirement.</u>

Hope this will definitely help.

Do let me know, incase you still face any issues.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the BADI "BBP_CREATE_BE_RQ_NEW",you can then check in IS_SC_DOCUMENT-ITEM-CATEGORY field for the line items containg "X" product category and acc delete the line items from the Exporting structure for PR i.e. CS_RQ_DOCUMENT-IT_REQUISITION_ITEMS.

But my advise would be to not create these line items at the first place instead of deleting them later.

BR,

Disha.

PLs reward points for useful answers.