cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Administration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm new in database administration, I had these warnings in the Database Checks, could anyone help me out here to advice what does it means and what should be my next actions towards it. Many Thanks!

<i>FILE_SYSTEM_FULL, object: /oracle/R3P/sapdata3, value: 99.95% (> 99%)

CRITICAL_FILE, object: /oracle/R3P/sapdata2/sr3_1/sr3.data1, value: (max_extn) 7577600 KB (> 1688027 KB)

CRITICAL_FILE, object: /oracle/R3P/sapdata3/sr3_2/sr3.data2, value: (incr_size) 20480 KB (> 15690 KB)</i>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

It means that SAPDATA3 file system is full and you need to add space to the Filesystem..You can coordinate with the OS team and get this done.

Regards,

Ershad Ahmed.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CRITICAL_FILE, object: /oracle/R3P/sapdata3/sr3_2/sr3.data2, value: (incr_size) 20480 KB (> 15690 KB)

this means that this datafile is set to be autoextensible but it won't be able to extend to its maximum size because there is not enough disk space left.

so:

1. change value of autoextend to a smaller value.

or

2. increase filesystem size

or

3. move datafile in another disk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Your message suggests that the size of the file system is full.

So you need to check depending on your system Linux/windows where the size is full.

You can check it using relevant transactions in SAP or using OS utilities.

You can use BRTOOLS to identify the tablespace which is full and then accordingly add a new datafile to that particular tablespace.

Check for the available space in that partition before adding the datafile.

Regards

Sumit Jain

[Reward with points if useful]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You were qlready given the explanation for the two messages you posted.

On the note <a href="http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/435290">435290</a> you can find a description of all BRCONNECT check conditions.

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"<b>FILE_SYSTEM_FULL</b>"

i assume you're on unix....so you might get stuck ...use your logical volume manager in order to extend is...

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to increase the tablespaces for the SAP Data file by using SAPDBA or BRTOOLS.Hope this will helps.