cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TREX not working in CV04N but works in SKPR07

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

I don't normally get too involved in TREX setup (I normally hand it over to basis) but this time I've been dragged into it. We have a problem where the TREX is configured and is working. If we go to SKPR07 and index, it works and we can do searches from SKPR07 and it returns the results from the content of the file, however, when we attempt to do a search in CV04N in text search, it doesn't return any results at all.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Athol,

Initially you don't find the text search field atall,

Please check the steps:

1. Go to SKPR07 in tools tab select "DMS_PCD1" in document class field & docarea field with DMS

2. go to edit in the same Tcode and select Administration, you get popup screen fill Management table field with "DMS1DISTA"

3.Tick "Create indexing readiness" and "indexability of the class" options.

4.Click on "Index able Attributes" you get the sub-screen select all or required once.

5.There are two ways of scheduling indexing jobs, ABAP Program is "RSTIRIDX" Tcode SM36

6.after selecting in the TCode SM36 click on "job wizard" icon.

After doing this above steps,

You can check the CV04N you can find the field "SerchTxt"

Hope this will solve your problem

Regards

Rehman

Reward Points if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe I should clarify a little. The search text field for full text retrieval appears in CV04N so this isn't a problem at all. When you execute the search that does not seem to work. It does not return any matches when you search.

former_member217429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Athol,

I would like to suggest to create a new OSS support ticket for this issue.

Best regards,

Mikhail