cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO and TOMCAT Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

So.... I was having a problem with the midleware and the classloader because I have three applications on the same tomcat server and they all use sapjco.jar. I used to have this file locally to each app. Now, I asked the server admin to put sapjco.jar inside $CATALINA_HOME/lib and add a line in the classpath file to point here. Assuming he did everything I asked him, I am getting now this error when I try to deploy my applications: <b>java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sap/mw/jco/JCO$BasicRepository</b>

Any idea why this is happening? Do I have to add a pointer to the library sapjco.jar in each of the applications? How would I do this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Melissa,

Assuming you are using Tomcat v4 and above (not sure about earlier versions) their is no $CATALINA_HOME\lib directory that Tomcat puts on its classpath. Try putting sapjco.jar at $CATALINA_HOME\shared\lib. Since the shared\lib directory is automatically added to the classpath you shouldn't have to reference it in anyway in your web apps.

Corey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Corey,

i checked with the server administrator and he hadn't put the jar in any shared lib folder. I then told him to put it in the shared/lib as you told me and it works perfectly! thanks!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Melissa, podes me ajudar?

Sou novo com JCO, e estou meio perdido. Queria saber como eu obtenho ele.

Por enauqnto esotu tentando etste a RFCSDK, e acessadno per com rfclib, sem suceso.

Tahnsk in advace,

Luis