Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many profiles will I have?

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>Dear Friends</b>

I need some clarification...If There are four application servers and one database server then how many system profiles will I have in total including Start Profile, Default Profile and Instance Profile?

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

You will have 12 (4*3)profiles in total one each for Start Profile, Default Profile and Instance Profiles.

for first time you need to import profies by logging into sap system path: Utilities-Import Profiles-of active servers .

Transaction code is Rz10 .

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>As far as I know, I think there will be only 1 Default profile for the whole...So just wondering whether it could be 9....</b>

former_member192350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

For each instance (Central instance or application server) you'll have a start and an instance profile, and you'll also have one DEFAULT.PFL for the entire system. So looking at a 3-system landscape where DEV is a single instance, QAS is a single instance, and PRD has a DB, a CI, and 3 app servers, you'll have:

3 profiles for DEV (default, start, instance)

3 profiles for QAS (default, start, instance)

9 profiles for PRD (default + (4 x) start & instance)

Thanks,

Rich

Former Member
0 Kudos

Total of around 15 profiles you can have with four application server and one database server.