cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Alert RFC connection failure via message mapping? Kindly Help!

gopalkrishna_baliga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a JMS - XI - RFC scenario.

JMS receives the Rosattenet PIP contents and sends it to RFC function module in remote SAP R/3 system.

I have a requirement where I have to monitor RFC connection failure because of the remote R/3 system being down. I have to send a email alert where the subject contains the PIP number to understand for which PIP the connection failed.

The PIP number exists in the PIP content at the interface.

If I use the Alert configuration in the runtime workbench for monitoring then I cannot dynamically pass the PIP number.

Only way I think of triggering alert is in the message mapping via a Java UDF.

But I am not sure how can I do this? How do I check in the UDF if RFC connection has failed? Is this the correct approach?

How to acheive my requirement? Note that my email subject content is dynamic bacause if PIP number.

Please help!

Thanks

Gopal

Message was edited by:

gopalkrishna baliga

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184154
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

what version/sps of XI are u running?

The easiest way to do what u want inside a UDF is to

1. use JCo to try estabilish a connection to the remote SAP System

2. if that fails, use JavaMail to send an email message

Let your UDF work on the PIP number, accepting it as input, and (maybe) returning it as output if everything goes ok. Otherwise break the mapping execution as described by Michal in one of his last weblog (using Dynamic Configuration).

Note that the above method doesn't guarantee that the message will be actually delivered, as some seconds could last between your check and the real RFC delivery operated by the Adapter Engine...

I am evaluating a way to do the same with Alert Framework. I will let you know the result!

Cheers,

Alex

lavaughn_crews
Explorer
0 Kudos

Alex,

Did you ever find a way to monitor the proxy connection with the Alert Framework?

Regards,

Lavaughn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

see if the following helps u

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/25/triggering-xi-alerts-from-a-user-defined-function

thanx

ahmad

gopalkrishna_baliga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

I have seen this blog. But this does not tell how to check if RFC connection has failed in UDF? Do you have any sample code?

Thanks

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using BPM ?

If yes , then we can use send step first to check the R3 is woriking ot not , if not we can send an Alert.

Else cot\ntinue,,

see the below link

Reconciliation of Messages in BPM --part 1 - /people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2006/04/08/reconciliation-of-messages-in-bpm

Regards

Chilla

gopalkrishna_baliga
Participant
0 Kudos

I am not using BPM.

-Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can have a ABAP or JCO connection check from proxy calling progrm if you would like to use proxy then , if ABAP , we can check the connection and if it fails then raise an alert from abap program , similarly we schedule this program also,,

try to see in this way...

Regards

Chilla