cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP - SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is a Retroactive Billing and where is it used. Can you substantiate it with a practical example?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Retroactive billing is a special billing function often used in scheduling agreement processing.

Features

With the retroactive billing function, you can:

Call up a list of documents affected by price changes

Trigger the system to create the necessary retroactive billing documents directly from the list

Create credit or debit memos directly

Procedure

In Billing choose Billing document Retro-billing.

Enter a payer, a sales organization, to and from dates, and pricing type B or C .

The system automatically proposes pricing type C . Besides these required entries, you can also enter a currency, sold-to party, or material to narrow your search.

Choose Enter.

The system creates a list, displaying documents and subtotals for each combination of currency, sold-to party and material.

If you are working with this function for the first time you must first set the billing types for credit and debit memos and the order reasons for these documents.

Choose Settings Change, enter your data, and choose Save. Although the system will propose these settings as default in future documents, you can change them at any time.

Select the document or documents that you want to bill retroactively and choose Retro-billing.

Only items with open quantities can be selected. If you cannot select an item, this means that it has already been processed.

To simulate the retroactive billing function, choose Simulate

Review any errors in a log

Simulate the retroactive billing process for any document

Also pl check the following link for exhaustive info ;

<a href="http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:5q_rLQ9Rav8J:help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/SDBILRB/SDBILRB.pdfsapsdretroactivebillingPDIFcondition&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=1">Retroactive billing</a>

Hope it helps. Please reward if useful.

Thanks & Regards

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai,

retroactive billing is used in scenarios where there is an accumulated discounts

and the billing is done retroactively i.e after wards with reference to the previous

accumulated discounts,

the scenario would be rebates where the discounts are accumulated and billing is done afterwards for that ,i.e if i run a scheme for may,june,july upon a certain quantity achievemnts ,the customer entitled for the discounts will be stored for every month and after the closing of the scheme i.e in july the accumulated discounts will be paid to him.

thank you

sriram