cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when will we go for Altova xml spy testing in case of soap scenario ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

suppose I have a scenario like this: rfc-xi-soap. In this scenario if somebody say's testing the scenario using Altova xml spy means Altova xml spy will be acting as webservice ?? what is the ( or is there) significance of below URL in testing ??

http://<host>:<j2ee-port>/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?

channel=<party>:<service>:<channel>

thanks

kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

u need to generate WSDL from Altova .

have a look at the following

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ahmed !!

I have gone through some of blogs that are available on the sdn.They also explains the need of generating WSDL for testing from Altova xml spy. But my question is if you want to test the scenario the best way is send a message to webservice and get back the response. So message goes to webservice first.

But in case of testing using Altova xml spy we are testing from the tool rather than sending message from scenario (i.e XI). So my query actually what we were doing Altova xml spy ??

thanks

kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Palnathi,

Generally Altova XML spy is used to validate any xsd or xml structure. As ahmed told, it is also used to generate the WSDL. Coming back to your question, where instead of checking in XI . We can use XML spy or SOAP client where we send a url web request to webservice and validate whether the response is coming back from webservice.

To put it in nutshell, you are sending the actual payload using any of the tools to webservice and check the response back.

Do award points for the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar

I am using XmlSpy for following reasons ::

*) To check & confirm the Request/Response/Fault Structure of the WebService.

*) To check the whether the WebService is UP or not, in case someone has reported an issue.

*) To develop the xsd structure for the WebServices, in case I am getting different structure after importing the WSDL in XI. Like in the case of this Weblog -->

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/23/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-1

In this response structure is created, you can also use other tools for creating xsd.

- Lalit -

Answers (0)