cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canadian tax determination on basis of material group, Sales Office and...

Former Member
0 Kudos

...Customer region.

Hi,

We have a unique requirement for taxation in Canada. The constraints/requirements are:

1. For all customer located in the province Quebec (KNA1-REGIO = QC), if:

(a) the Sales Office on customer master (KNVV-VKBUR) not equal to QC (Quebec - user defined) and material group (MARA-MATKL) = 'X' or 'Y', we need the GST and QST to be charged

(b) for all other material groups, if the Sales Office on customer master (KNVV-VKBUR) not equal to QC (Quebec - user defined) we need only the GST to be charged (not QST)

How can this be achieved? We can explore the use of any other field too, apart from KNVV-VKBUR if it helps or even some kind of indicator on the customer master...

Appreciate any clues...can the material pricing group be of any use here? If so, how?

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The possible solution can be this:

Create two tax condition types- one for GST and QST. Define two access seq Region/ Sales office/ Mat Grp and Region / Mat Grp to both of them.

Define condition record for Region / Mat Grp access fo GST. And for QSt, define condition recor for Region/ Sales office/ Mat Grp

If you dont want to control this using acc seq, then you can define a reqmt and attach to QST.

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Nageshwar, I certainly don't want to complicate it with 2 condition types and prefer a requirement. However, in the requirement, I see an issue - since the taxes are determined on the basis of the ship to party (and we do have customers with out of QC but with their ship tos in QC and vice versa), the partner determination at the time of applying the pricing (i..e. VA01) has not yet taken place - not stored in any table...how do I get the system to understand the REGIO from the address data for the P. fn = WE (or SH)? How will the requirement get triggered if the system can't determine what the REGIO is? We need it to be applicable only if the REGIO is QC, not for others. Sales office and the material group are not a problem to ascertain. The REGIO is not stored in VBAK or VBAP and the VBPA entries are not yet done (at the time of VA01)...I can think of getting it only from KNA1 but am not sure how to.....any ideas?

Thanks!