cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is better option SAP XI vs webservices to interact with Biztalk

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI everyone,

We have biztalk as integration tool. I would like to know is it feasible to implement Biztalk with SAP XI to communicate with our SAP ECC server. I heard it will be over weight to use both Biztalk and SAP XI coz each will have its own message box and leads to more process time. So we are planning to use Biztalk with SAP webservices. So please let me know which is better as cost wise and work wise biztalk with SAP XI or Biztalk with SAP Web services.

SAP Guys please take some time to provide some useful information. it will be much appreciated.

cheers

ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

IMHO it doesn't make much sense to operate two integration/communication platforms.

so, with no further ado I'd try to stick with one platform. <b>At runtime</b>.

At design time it might be considerable to use XI when you want to do outside-in design. That is, designinig service interfaces and let the XI tools create proxies, datatypes and stuff. This requires some effort though. Operating a moderately sized XI, requiring the XI knowhow and probably some manual interventions around the proxies created. All that done properly, you can use the resultant webservices from your favourite integration platform.

My 2 cents,

anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aton,

can you make it more clear. i didnt understand wat actually u r saying. Biztalk cannot be pulled out. we have only one option out of xi and webservices(sap). what are adv and disdv of using xi and ws

cheers

ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

ram,

i was pointing at Biztalk and ABAP webservices at runtime.

XI and WAS ABAP have the advantage of

- being from one vendor

- XI being more than an integration server (e.g. business process management capabilities), - XI will play a vital role in the future, so sooner or later there will be no SAP system without XI/PI/BPP or whatever it's name will be

- for my taste, XI is a more open platform for third party adapter makers to support a wealth of protocols/standards.

hope that helps,

anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm well Anton

what is said will definitley true. But i am looking at the other way too ABAP Web services which can be used to communicate with biztalk. We are thinking of using SAPLogon tickets. Our process basically starts from SAP some ABAP program will use the biztalk Orchestration webservice and then biztalk will respond back to SAP by adding SAP web service reference. Will this has any usage issues?

regards

ram