cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advantage of using SAP XI over webservices to interact with Biztalk

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI everyone,

We have biztalk as integration tool. I would like to know is it feasible to implement Biztalk with SAP XI to communicate with our SAP ECC server. I heard it will be over weight to use both Biztalk and SAP XI coz each will have its own message box and leads to more process time. So we are planning to use Biztalk with SAP webservices. So please let me know which is better as cost wise and work wise biztalk with SAP XI or Biztalk with SAP Web services.

SAP Guys please take some time to provide some useful information. it will be much appreciated.

cheers

ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys for ur suggestions much appreciated

Former Member
0 Kudos

my suggestion is to integate SAPXI to SAP ECC with out Biztalk . you can replace Biztalk but iam not sure how important for you to use biztalk before conncting to XI.

Regards

Sreeram.G.Reddy

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ram,

This is a contentious issue.

In principle a middleware to middleware integration is against the basic ideas of EAI. We need to integrate applications and not middlewares, but in reality this is in most cases an inevitable situation.

This blog discusses a similar middleware- middleware integartion ( XI and WebMethods) . Use the tips and tricks in this blogs to understand the issue you need to address , etc,

/people/abhy.thomas/blog/2007/04/19/sap-xi--webmethods-integration-150-challenges-and-migration-strategies

Regards

Bhavesh