cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of central instance -> memory settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a question about the memory settings reg. the ABAP / Java Add-In installation (Central system).

Installation of CI:

When I install the central instance, I provide a value for the Instance Memory Management.

Installation of DI:

In the step where I install the database instance, I provide again a value for Instance Memory.

Q1: The memory value for the Central instance later is visible in the profile for the CI. But where does the DI value go? How could I change it?

Q2: The value for the Java JVM (heap size) - is this value additional to the value of the CI, or part of the CI's memory. So could I set heap size to 2M while the CI's memory is set to 1M?

Any hints are appreciated.

Thx.

KB

System

- Win2K (Win32)

- Oracle

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Timed out, closed as cleanup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Q1: The memory value for the Central instance later is visible in the profile for the CI. But where does the DI value go? How could I change it?

--> You can ignore this, there is no INSTANCE memory for your database. If you want to configure the memory settings for your RDBMS software it'll depend on what software it is... For Sql Server it's in the Enterprise Manager in Oracle you can edit the init<SID>.ora file...

Q2: The value for the Java JVM (heap size) - is this value additional to the value of the CI, or part of the CI's memory. So could I set heap size to 2M while the CI's memory is set to 1M?

--> This value is specific to your JVM heap, so it's not additive or related to your CI.