cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyosk Custom ERROR.JSP & LOGOUT.JSP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a keyosk based application where the operator logs in via a touchscreen. If there is an authentication error, I get the standard ERROR.JSP screen. I need to create a custom screen to allow the operator a nagigation link back to the Login Screen. Any Ideas???

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You might be able to do something very customized in an "AJAX-like" model - where your custom page would attempt to login and capture the text coming back from the response, looking for success or error info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wait? How are they logging in through a touchscreen if there is no keyboard? Is there some sort of dynamic screen keyboard that shows up only when clicking on an input field?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I built an applet that provides a popup keyboard.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you are out of luck. I'm sure there is someway you can modify xMII and how it creates the error page, but it isn't going to be supported.

I've built applications before for use with touch screens, but not in KIOSK mode. The best I can recommend is to either attach a keyboard or don't run in KIOSK mode. If you run in Full Screen (F11), the users will have access to the navigation buttons like BACK and HOME.

Kiosk mode was designed for "self-contained" applications.