cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code of WDDOEXIT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please tell me what exactly is the code to be written in method WDDOEXIT in web dynpro. please give example.

My problem is:

If I am on screen A and navigate to screen B, some text is displayed on screen B through WDDOINIT method. then i press back button on screen B to go to screen A. now when I go again to screen B, text does not appears.

Regards

Vishal kapoor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

I've had some problems using the WDDOINIT and WDDOEXIT methods in the past. The catch is that they seem to only execute once during the life of the component.

What you can do to circumvent this is to put your methods in the action handlers. You can put the WDDOINIT code in the Inbound Plug and the WDDOEXIT code in the action handler that fires the Outbound Plug.

That should work every time you navigate between the views.

Good luck,

Adam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam!

Thanks a lot . It did the trick for me!!!

Regards

Vishal Kapoor

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member215843
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

WDDOINIT and WDDOEXIT are called during creation resp. deletion of a controller. Most of the controllers are only created once during the lifetime of the component. For views you can change the lifetime on the properties page of the view.

WDDOEXIT is used rather seldom. But if you store any reference to an object of a controller (ref to any context node, ref to view, or similar), you should clear ir on WDDOEXIT.

Ciao, Regina