Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i deactivate an authorization object say S_user_grp

Former Member
0 Kudos

if i want to restrict access to a user even after assigning sap_all profile how do i deactivate the authorization object S_user_grp to restrict access to the transaction su01.can anyone give me the steps?????

thanks

renjy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Security is additive, so if the user had the object in their role/profile, you will have to remove it from there to have any effect. In this instance you would have to copy SAP_ALL to a custom profile or role and remove the corresponding S_USER* auths. As long as the user has debug access they will be able to hobble this anyway.

The very premise of SAP_ALL is to give access to everything, you should not give it (or close variants of it) to people that you want to restrict. In those situations, develop a role that gives them access to the functions that they require.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Security is additive, so if the user had the object in their role/profile, you will have to remove it from there to have any effect. In this instance you would have to copy SAP_ALL to a custom profile or role and remove the corresponding S_USER* auths. As long as the user has debug access they will be able to hobble this anyway.

The very premise of SAP_ALL is to give access to everything, you should not give it (or close variants of it) to people that you want to restrict. In those situations, develop a role that gives them access to the functions that they require.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renjy,

Once you assing the sap_all.

You will find list of objects/objects class etc..

Search for the object S_user_grp or what are all the objects you want to make them inactive.

Expand the object you will find an icon with - sing(red - sign icon) next to this you will have copy icon.

click on the - Negitive (Icon) in red the object will become in-active.

Generate the role.

Hope this helps if you need more information let me know.

Cheers

Soma

Message was edited by:

soma pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renjy,

You can deactivate an authorization object say S_user_grp by going into TR code PFCG (role maintenance).

Steps:

1) go to PFCG here create role starting with Z*.

2)under Authorization Tab click on change authorization Data

3) search for object S_user_grp and make it inactive.

then generate profile again and save it.

Cheers

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renjy,

Restricting S_USER_GRP would not be adviced to resrict a user fom SU01 as this object may also restrict access to few other transaction codes which are dependant on S_USER_GRP. Instead you can enter the following combination in

<b>S_TCODE</b> object without deactivating S_USER_GRP:

<b>0-9, A-N, P-ST, SU02-Z</b>

Hope it helps.

Please award points if it is useful.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for all ur help,i have awarded points