cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO Loader experience in production system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

while checking for note -396999, I see comment as 'Since no support is available, APO Loader is not suitable for being used in systems in production'.

Could you please share your experience with this tool for data upload in production. Any issues you faced.

As an alternate, what would you recommend- LSMW or cif-ing from R/3 whereever possible.

thanks in advance,

regards,

Vithal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where ever possible use CIF. We did used APOLoader in production system. This is now getting partially replaced by ABAP program which calls to BAPI. We still have some adhoc data uploads by the user via APOLoader. Once of the issue is that being excel, there is a chance that garbage can get into the system.

/Shibu

-Thanks for rewarding points if this useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shibu,

I have one related question for which I could not find a suitable answer in forum as well as service market place.

Between LSMW and ecatt for mass data upload, which one should be preferred from set-up, speed and reliability point of view.

thanks in advance again,

regards,

Vithal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

LSMW is much better in terms of speed, reliability and system performance / overhead poitnof view.

Regards,

Murali.J

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our implementation, initial mass upload of the APO data was done via APOLoader. We found it quite useful. First the APOLoader Excel tool provides very good explanation of the errors. And second we were able to write Excel Macro on the APOLoader to fetch the master data from Legacy system and push to APOLoader Sheets.

Answers (0)