cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Down Payments & Delivery relevant invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

The problem is to create a down payment request to the customer through an SD order (this can be done with billing plan, item category TAO, condition type AZWR, invoice type FAZ) but we want to create the actual invoicing with a <u>delivery relevant invoice</u> and not an order relevant invoice.

I do not see how this is feasible, if it can be done!

Thanks in advance for you reply

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rmazzali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

do not use the standard down payment customizing.

Make one order for the downpayment (it wil be billed as a debit memo) and one order for the delivery with an header condition that subtract the down payment value of the other order. Then ship and bill as usual.

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is that the accounting of down payment is not the same as the one from debit memo.

A down payment as no impact on turn over and is purely financial. While debit memo as an impact on turn over, margin and so on.

rmazzali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, I know.

You have to define a different pricing with custom account key for the down payment debit note, that has his own doc type. I do not know your country rules, for Italian compliance about it I made a user exit durirng accounting that feeds some special accounts. If you need it i'll send you.

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have now a better understanding of your solution.

But then the more "standard" solution of creating down payment through FI (F-37) is about the same, as it is using two different unrelated documents.

What I had in mind was:

1/ Create an order (with delivery block)

2/ Create a down payment request related to this order (VF01)

3/ Cash in the down payment and remove delivery block

4/ Deliver

5/ Create the delivery related invoice. (This invoice would of course then be able to remind customer that a down payment was done, down payment accounting clearing would be also done).

I know, I might be dreaming. But if I am not the only one…

rmazzali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes you are right, but if you use the down payment by FI then you miss CO accounting and the sales statistics that in other way using SD would be updated.

Roberto