cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Receiver channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a receiver channel of JDBC type. The database configured in this channel is installed on a different net from XI. Is this a problem? I have seen an error connection of this type:

-

Error during database connection to the database URL 'jdbc:odbc:thin:@<IP-Address>:<Port>:DB_PROVA using the JDBC driver 'oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver': 'com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:odbc:thin:@<IP-Address>:<Port>:DB_PROVA': SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified'

-

I can't say the real <IP-Address>:<Port>:DB_PROVA string, but it's not important to solve my problem.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

my SID was Wrong! Thanks to all!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check that your port is open or not.

Because some times it might be the problem that database is not allowing you to connect .

so check this.

Thankx and regards,

Hetal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the URL should be different, in the format

jdbc:oracle:thin:@<IP-Address>:<Port>:DB_PROVA

Kind regards,

Koen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koen,

I have already tried this, but the problem it's not it.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi-

I think here the problem is with the database.

Check your JDBC driver .

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

but did you install jdbc drivers?

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/bf4b1055-0d01-0010-32a3-b3848d77...

BTW

check if you have connection from XIserver to bd server (ping from XI)

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

>> check if you have connection from XIserver to bd server (ping from XI)

How can I Ping from XI?

Thanks!

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

log to your xiserver machine (via remotelogon)

ping dbhost

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done a ping to database IP that is on the same XI net and it is ok. Then, what is teh problem? Why XI is not able to connect to the Oracle database?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

my Receiver is a JDBC receiver... do you think that I have to define as a Logical System or a Legacy System the server on which the database is installed? Which transaction can I use in XI to do this?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

for JDBC receiver u dont have to define any specific Business system,just define a third party business system and use it as receiver business system.

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

my JDBC receiver channel give me this error in Runtime Workbench:

-

Error during database connection to the database URL 'jdbc:oracle:thin:@<IP_ADDRESS>:<PORT>:<SID>' using the JDBC driver 'oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver': 'com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:oracle:thin:@<IP_ADDRESS>:<PORT>:<SID>': SQLException: Listener refused the connection with the following error: ORA-12505, TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor The Connection descriptor used by the client was: <IP_ADDRESS>:<PORT>:<SID>'

-

I have replaced the real IP address, port and sid of my database in this post because they are reserved. I want to know what this message means and what can I do to solve the problem.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

it clearly means XI is not able to connect to DB.

it looks to me that the problem might be with driver installation,try doing this.

Start J2ee Visual Admin -> goto Cluster-Server-Libraries-com.sap.aii.af.jmsproviderlib ->Check JDBC Driver is displayed in list.

if none of JDBC Driver is displayed.

->deploy JDBC Drivers via SDM (also see note:831162)

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Also see if this helps

thanx

ahmad