cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grid defaults to 12/31/1969 19:00:00 for SD and ED

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can select an irpt from the tree to show an iGrid. The iGrid has a default past 7 days of data to be shown. I am seeing where no data will be present and the dates are defaulted to 12/31/1969 19:00:00 for SD and ED. To get the correct dates I have to click "Scroll to Current Time" button on the Time/Refresh Control bar.

Occasionally, applets will not show displays. Must refresh or reload page to see this.

I understand that if there is a null in the datetime field that it can cause the dates to default to xMII's default datetime, but it does this occasionally and it is not constantly doing this. I would be not be asking for a solution if it was constant.

How can I correct this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the query you are using to feed the iGrid?

Are you doing any client side JavaScript trying to pass dates into the query object?

When you get 1969 dates, what results do you get when you do a right-click data details?

Is InitialUpdate enabled for the iGrid (meaning that it will run the underlying query)?

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is an SQL query

No

I get no data

Yes

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So, if I summarize your responses to my questions you have:

A basic iGrid being fed by an SQLQuery template, and the page has no client side JavaScript that is attempting to adjust the dates. You are getting no errors in the Sun Java console and when you right-click on the grid and Select Data...Details you get no data (is there a FatalError message in the html popup or is it blank?).

Are you using an invalid TimePeriod or Schedule that is causing this?

Are you using the DateColumn with Query mode or [SD] / [ED] with FixedQuery?

Are you using any InlineTransform that is invalidating your resultset?

Have you looked at the general logs following the attempt to render the page and observed the messages? If the log level is set to INFO you will see an entry like:

2007-05-31 08:06:03,617

INFO

TimeEngine

TimeParams[_Shift=null,_TimePeriod=null,_Times=null,_EndDate=null,_StartDate=null,_Duration=60,_Units=m,_Format=MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm:ss,bAllowFuture=false]

This would help determine if your time parameters are invalid.

Regards,

Jeremy Good

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A FatalError from the query and InitialUpdate=false will also make the 12/31/1969 dates show up in the time refresh control bar.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not receive javascript errors when this executes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any help here?

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you ever get this one figured out?

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

When the "applets will not show displays" what do you actually see? Is there a grey box where the applet should be with or without a red X in the top left corner? Or does the iChart/iGrid actually display, but with any data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sometimes my java does not load. This then will just be an outlined box with a white interior.

Most of the time when this problem occurs, I get the grid to load, but with no data. I never get a gray box or the "X" in the upper left hand corner.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you doing any problematic javascript in the body onload or other activity that is interfering with the standard applet behavior?

If the StartDate and/or EndDate being passed into the query object of the applet does not match the DateFormat you will get an 'unable to parse datetime' error.

What is showing up in the Sun Java Console when the 1969 dates are showing up in your iGrid?

Regards,

Jeremy Good