Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC To File Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am working on RFC to File scenario.

While creating the RFC connection in SM59, We need to Give gateway host & gateway service.... So it should be R3 IP address and system no

or XI IP address and system no ?

Thanks

Anuj Agarwal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos
bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anuj,

Look into this blog by Shabrish. It has the exact answer to your question.

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

The gateway host and gateway service in the TCP IP connection being created in the R3 system should refer to your R3 system 's gateway host and service.

How to get thiese values is shown in shabrish's blog.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

See the below link

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello anuj,

In the gateway host and gateway service write the values of your "Application system" - business system (not the XI server) .

Thanks

Amitanshu

Please reward points if the answer is helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amitanshu,

I didn't get you. you mean to say we need to give R3 details?

Thanks

Anuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly anuj you have to give the R/3 business system details not the XI details

Thanks

Amitanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amitanshu,

Thanks for your reply. But I am not getting how are you going to define the connection by this. Because in SM59 you are giving the R3 details.

From XI side in communication channel you are giving R3 details. nowhere u are giving XI details. So on which basis you are making connection b/w R3 & XI?

Thanks

Anuj

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anuj,

What happens is that you create a TCP IP connection in the R3 system with the program Id with the R3 details.

Basically this creates a opening for XI to connect to the R3 system.

Now, when you create the Sender RFC adapter and provide the R3 systems details, XI initiates the handshake and creates the connection from the R3 system to XI.

Even though it is the R3 that sends data to XI, the connection parameters used in the Sender RFC adapter are used for XI to connect to the R3 . So, you always maintain the R3 system details in both tcp ip connection and the Sender RFC adapter.

The Program ID used in these 2 becomes to common link to connect.

Regards

Bhavesh

PS : Not exactly technical but this is what I have understood from my hands on knowledge on a Sender RFC adapter!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anuj ,

We connect R/3 and XI using RFC sender adapter.

In the sender adapter we specify the R/3 system details in

Application server(Gateway) which is same as gateway host in sm59 and Application Server service which is same as Application Sever service(Gateway).

Also you give the program ID as well.

With this gateway host and RFC destination the function is remotely called .

Thanks

Amitanshu