cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP EHS Professional

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am an end user of SAP EHS 4.6b module since two years. However I want to know if I can become SAP professional and get an experience in installation/implementation of SAP. What do I need to do ? Which are the courses available in India (Bangalore) and how much is the cost ? My basic qualification is not in IT but I learnt SAP in USA as a part of ongoing job traning and now a full user of SAP EHS module working in Bangalore. Can anybody please guide me ? Thanks-

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Iam a certified SAP PM( PLANT MAINTENANCE ) functional consultant

Does SAP offers any certification in SAP EHS as iam interested in doing the certification . Kindly tell me the process also to reach for certification.

Thanks & Regards

Arvind 9911128178 Delhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Arvind

As written earlier in this thread, there is no authentic institute for SAP EHS training in India. There are small vendors who are providing SAP EHS training, but course content and learning from these institues is still a big doubt. SAP provides SAP EHS training through technidata only. You can find the details of this course in this thread itself.

But as you mentioned, you already know PM module, it will not be difficult for you to learn SAP EHS. Only thing to learn about few functional aspects of EHS domain.

Best Regards

Vikram Sethi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Any one know training programme for SAP EHS Module in Mumbai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to know about training of EHS module in india

and which institute and what is scope

Thanks and Regards

S Thadkar

former_member197295
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, In India., there is no reliable training institute.

u contact www.technibit.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Details of SAP EHS Training

Edited by: Neetha Haricharan on Jul 10, 2009 6:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Harshad,

Pls find the description for Global Manager, HSE Information Management Systems with Honeywell Technologies Specialty Materials Division

If this matches your profile you may pls respond with your updated CV along with current & expected CTC details, joining time required if offered / you may refer the same to your colleague/ acquaintance whose experience matches the criterion.

Position Title: Global Manager, HSE Information Management Systems

Department: SM Global HSE

Band: Band 4

Location: TBD based upon the right candidate (India or Thailand)

Travel requirements: 25-35%

The Global Leader, HSE Information Management Systems will provide functional expertise and leadership for the design and global implementation of HSE data management systems for SM. This includes project management of the SAP-EHS installation across all regions of Specialty Materials including the modules governing HSE data management, exposure assessment, environmental management, and product safety hazard communication. Other data management systems include management and maintenance of existing systems and where appropriate, migration of these to SAP EHS in alignment with HSE Management System maturity needs.

Responsibilities

u2022 Works closely with SM HSE Leadership Team and the Global Leader, HSE Management Systems and Process Excellence to identify an HSE data management maturity path that is consistent with the SM HSE Management System needs.

u2022 Identifies and works with appropriate liaisons in SM and Corporate to ensure customer needs and other parallel stakeholder projects are coordinated.

u2022 Assumes ownership for existing data management systems and their eventual migration to SAP EHS

u2022 Supports the SM HSE Management System team with associated IT related projects including master data management, communication (including website design and interface) and trend analysis efforts for SM.

u2022 Working with IT project leader and SM Product Regulatory leader, will assist with project management for the implementation of SAP-EHS modules in accordance with existing project plans for product safety global MSDS creation and management.

u2022 Working with IT project leader and SM Industrial Hygiene leader will assist with project management for the implementation of the SAP EHS modules in accordance with existing project plans for exposure assessment management systems.

u2022 Plans for and leads SM HSE migration to SAP EHS as the primary HSE data management system including metrics management, event tracking, environmental management, Global Label Management , etc

u2022 Provides support for other projects and processes (such as Dangerous Goods) utilizing SAP-EHS functionality

u2022 Develops and leads initiatives to leverage SAP-EHS capabilities for regulatory compliance

u2022 Benchmarks with others in the industry through relevant trade groups and associations to identify best practices for HSE data management systems.

Qualifications

u2022 BS degree in Information Technology or HSE related discipline (additional education in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or equivalent technical science preferred)

u2022 10 years experience in project management for data management systems, preferably in the chemical industry.

u2022 Experience working in a multinational manufacturing enterprise; preferably in the chemical, pharmaceutical, oil & gas or closely allied industry sector

u2022 Experience in SAP or other phrase-based MSDS authoring system desired

u2022 Knowledge of global HSE & hazard communication requirements a plus

u2022 Knowledge of global dangerous goods shipping requirements a plus

u2022 Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) with all levels of the organization and with customers and regulatory agencies; strong fluency in English language is required

u2022 Strong problem solving and team-building skills

u2022 Global mindset

u2022 Comfort with a high degree of responsibility coupled with initiative, capacity to work independently and dedication to producing timely results

u2022 Creativity, energy, dependability and organizational skills that will enable management of multiple priorities

Thanks & Regards

Srikanth

National Vertical Head- Infrastructure & Construction

Adecco Recruitment Solutions

Adecco India

6-3-1186/5/A, Amogh Plaza, 2nd Floor

Next to Grand Kakatiya Hotel

Begumpet, Hyderabad - 500 016

Tel: 040-39874023

Fax: 040-39874033

Mobile: - 09866506729

*adecco.co.in

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai friends I am into SAP-EHS since last 1-year.I do agree with u the scope of trg is not there in India.Anyways we will learn together by the way of exposure and our health domain exposure

regards,

Ashutosh

Sr. SAP-EHS Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

I having 5 years of exp in EHS domain on SAS .Currntly working in INDIA. But i have no knowledge on SAP EHS. Can u guide me. We have customers who have migrated from SAP EHS to our Product.

SO plz guide me.

Thanks,

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harshad,

Can you mail me your resume at shahnipun@gmail.com? Hopefully I should be able to help you in what you have mentioned in the thread. Do not forget to mention your contact details.

Regards

-Nipun Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all SAP EHS Wannabe's,

I am non-certified SAP EHS consultant with 0.5 yrs of SAP exp.

At present, this module has got nothing special for Indian business scenario, but in coming years, certainly it will become hot one with the tighter regulations.

But, in US and European market,it has got good scope with not only chemical companies , but also other manufacturing sectors going for it.In India, presently there is no SAP Certified training institute for EHS training. U can have ut from US only.I would suggest all wannabe's to try to do something Harshad have done.

Now lets join our hands together for making a common platform for SAP EHS consultants to share our knowledge.Come ! Join!

Former Member
0 Kudos

The basic problem is SAP functional consultant is always in demand. They(recruiter) do not prefer the persons with end user experience. I get calls from IT companies but then say that we want only SAP consultans having experience in implementation. So my question is which is the course or learning module an end user should get into in order to be SAP functional consultant. I took my training in US because I work for US Company located in Bangalore.

I never had any experience in SAP but in EHS regulatory compliance. Fyi, I am a polymer (plastics) technologist

Any thoughts on SAP PLM courses ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am an environmental engineer with 5-yrs experience and am interested to learn SAP EH&S and I want to look into career opportunities. Please guide me.

Thanks,

Aravind

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with u Harshad. But the problem is today there no institute in India to provide SAP EHS training. Even SAP itself does not provide any training for SAP EHS on its own in any part of the world. It has partnered with Technidata( a company dealing in EHS) for developing the SAP EHS module. So what we can do is to study SAP EHS through the free website provided by SAP. And also some organizations a hiring domain experts, but a the cost of a bond( of course). So just be in search in these kind of requirements.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harshad

They are courses in SAP PLM in Bangalore for modules like PM and PS but not there for EHS at present.

Please let me know if you get any information

Regards

Ranjit K

Email:ranjitkannoth@gmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I guess you are right that there's no offering for SAP EH&S in India.

However there is training in the US and in Europe.

The courses are held by TechniData - the development partner for EH&S of SAP.

US:

[http://www.technidata.de/education/documents/editor/TechniData-TrainingCatalog_2008_071126.pdf]

EU:

[http://www.technidata.de/education/documents/editor/TechniData-TrainingCatalog_2008_071126.pdf]

Hope this helps

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi harshad

I am also a post graduate in Environmental Engineering i want to learn SAP EHS module. Can you please guide me on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi frns,

this is one more environmental engineer... getting introduced to SAP.

Well, Mahesh, as you already know the user interface it won't be difficult to get into it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls find the attached job description for Global Manager, HSE Information Management Systems with Honeywell Technologies Specialty Materials Division

If this matches your profile you may pls respond with your updated CV along with current & expected CTC details, joining time required if offered / you may refer the same to your colleague/ acquaintance whose experience matches the criterion.

Position Title: Global Manager, HSE Information Management Systems

Department: SM Global HSE

Band: Band 4

Location: TBD based upon the right candidate (India or Thailand)

Travel requirements: 25-35%

The Global Leader, HSE Information Management Systems will provide functional expertise and leadership for the design and global implementation of HSE data management systems for SM. This includes project management of the SAP-EHS installation across all regions of Specialty Materials including the modules governing HSE data management, exposure assessment, environmental management, and product safety hazard communication. Other data management systems include management and maintenance of existing systems and where appropriate, migration of these to SAP EHS in alignment with HSE Management System maturity needs.

Responsibilities

u2022 Works closely with SM HSE Leadership Team and the Global Leader, HSE Management Systems and Process Excellence to identify an HSE data management maturity path that is consistent with the SM HSE Management System needs.

u2022 Identifies and works with appropriate liaisons in SM and Corporate to ensure customer needs and other parallel stakeholder projects are coordinated.

u2022 Assumes ownership for existing data management systems and their eventual migration to SAP EHS

u2022 Supports the SM HSE Management System team with associated IT related projects including master data management, communication (including website design and interface) and trend analysis efforts for SM.

u2022 Working with IT project leader and SM Product Regulatory leader, will assist with project management for the implementation of SAP-EHS modules in accordance with existing project plans for product safety global MSDS creation and management.

u2022 Working with IT project leader and SM Industrial Hygiene leader will assist with project management for the implementation of the SAP EHS modules in accordance with existing project plans for exposure assessment management systems.

u2022 Plans for and leads SM HSE migration to SAP EHS as the primary HSE data management system including metrics management, event tracking, environmental management, Global Label Management , etc

u2022 Provides support for other projects and processes (such as Dangerous Goods) utilizing SAP-EHS functionality

u2022 Develops and leads initiatives to leverage SAP-EHS capabilities for regulatory compliance

u2022 Benchmarks with others in the industry through relevant trade groups and associations to identify best practices for HSE data management systems.

Qualifications

u2022 BS degree in Information Technology or HSE related discipline (additional education in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or equivalent technical science preferred)

u2022 10 years experience in project management for data management systems, preferably in the chemical industry.

u2022 Experience working in a multinational manufacturing enterprise; preferably in the chemical, pharmaceutical, oil & gas or closely allied industry sector

u2022 Experience in SAP or other phrase-based MSDS authoring system desired

u2022 Knowledge of global HSE & hazard communication requirements a plus

u2022 Knowledge of global dangerous goods shipping requirements a plus

u2022 Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) with all levels of the organization and with customers and regulatory agencies; strong fluency in English language is required

u2022 Strong problem solving and team-building skills

u2022 Global mindset

u2022 Comfort with a high degree of responsibility coupled with initiative, capacity to work independently and dedication to producing timely results

u2022 Creativity, energy, dependability and organizational skills that will enable management of multiple priorities

Thanks & Regards

Srikanth

National Vertical Head- Infrastructure & Construction

Adecco Recruitment Solutions

Adecco India

6-3-1186/5/A, Amogh Plaza, 2nd Floor

Next to Grand Kakatiya Hotel

Begumpet, Hyderabad - 500 016

Tel: 040-39874023

Fax: 040-39874033

Mobile: - 09866506729

adecco.co.in

former_member197295
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Srikanth., This is not the jobsite. Try to follow the rules and regulations of this network.Plz don`t do such things.