cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerts not in alert inbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello XI Experts,

I read several blogs regarding the problem with the messages in alert inbox but I didn't find the answer which would solve my problem. I have an integration process in which in exception branch I raise an alert which I would like to send to some users and also see it in my alert inbox. I've created an alert category, subscribed to it. When I test the alert with RSALERTTEST I receive the alert in my inbox. I see it also in ALERTDISP transaction. But the problem is when I want to test the alert using message which starts the integration process. I see in the log that the alert was triggered but I don't see any alert in my inbox. Does anybody have any idea where could be the problem?

Thanks,

Pavol Suba

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Check for alert confirmation and see the below links

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step - Alert Configuration

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide - Trouble shoot alert config

/people/aravindh.prasanna/blog/2005/12/23/configuring-scenario-specific-e-mail-alerts-in-xi-ccms-part--1 -- ccms alerts - 1

/people/aravindh.prasanna/blog/2005/12/24/configuring-scenario-specific-e-mail-alerts-in-xi-ccms-part-2 -- ccms alerts -- 2

/people/aravindh.prasanna/blog/2006/02/20/configuring-scenario-specific-e-mail-alerts-in-xi-ccms-part-3 -- ccms alerts --- 3

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chilla, Vinod,

thanks for your fast replies. One more question: Do I have to use CCMS for alerts if I trigger it in integration process?

Thanks and regards,

Pavol Suba

Former Member
0 Kudos

No u dont have to,also if ur getting alerts in ur inbox from test tool but not from any error in ur scenario(triggered manually)then see if PIRWBUSER is unlocked in SU01

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ahmad,

I checked the service user for RWB but it's unlocked. I still can't see any messages in my inbox.

Regards,

Pavol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

check SLG1,what does it says,does it says alerts triggered by user PIRWBUSER or your user id?

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

My user id. So it won't work when I trigger message manually under my user id?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yh,dats the problem,and if i m not wrong,it will be green and when u double click u see only 3 lines in the bottom,right?

it usually has to be triggered by PIRWBUSER.thats why i askd u to check PRIWBUSER in SU01.

what i mean to say is that u will trigger it ,but over there it will show PIRWBUSER

thanx

ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ahmad,

You're right but I compared the the service user's roles and profiles with mine and I have all it has so it theoretically should work with my user as well. Or am I wrong?

Thanks,

Pavol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

it should work but i was having the same problem yesterday,and my PIRWBUSER waz locked ,and after i unlocked him in SU01,i waz getting alerts(with my user id too).

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pavol Suba and Ahmad,

Could anyone please tell or update if this problem has even been solved?

reg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

yeah i was having this problem,actually what waz happening waz that i had some junk sender CC which we in error mode.now when i created alerts to cover up all my interfaces,i gave * in alert rules.so those junk CC started triggering alerts atleast 30-40/min.

and coz of that the user PIRWBUSER waz getting locked,so when i tried to manually trigger any alert,it wont show up properly in SLG1

first of all i made all those CC inactive and then unlocked the PIRWBUSER in SU01.now my alerts r working fine and i dont have any problems.

except that our XI server is down and i m jst sitting and watchin youtube in office:))

thanx

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naveen, Ahmad

I'm still having the same problem. I can't see triggered alerts in my alert inbox.

@Ahmad: Maybe there is a background job which I forgot to configure. Could you please write me the jobs which are running on your server and are necessary for right functioning of alerts?

Thanks,

Pavol Suba

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pavol,

Which SP are you on?

Background Job scheduling is needed only if you are below SP 14 on XI 3.0.

1.Go to ST22 and check if there is any dumps. Make the user id as * and check if there are any dumps at the time you expected the alert to get triggered.

2. Make sure that the RFC destination --> CentralMonitoringServer - in SM59 has the XIRWBUSER with the correct password.

3. Go to ALRTCATDEF --> Setting --> RFC destination of Alert Server and make sure that it is NONE.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavesh,

Thank you, two days I coudn't find the problem RFC Destination of Alert Server was the problem.

Regards,

Pavol Suba

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I struggled for 1 month, raised an OSS with SAP and we cracked it after a lot of trouble. This way a year back. glad to be of help

regards

Bhavesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check this blog

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide

Check this thread