Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

authorization to maintain specific customer details

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Here is my problem:

We have a team dedicated to the customer master data which is allowed to use XD01/2/3

What I want is to allow the sales team to maintain only the address tab (under the General data). Someone has any idea how to do it?

Other question, is there an authorization object for the customer account group. So, I could give the access to certain employees to maintain certains customers.

Thanks in advance.

Julien

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julien

Auth Object F_KNA1_GRP restricts access to Customer Account Group

If you want to restrict access to groups of fields in the Vendor master, then you may want to look at field group restrictions via object F_KNA1_AEN.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_40b/helpdata/es/38/ee2c7dd435d1118b3f0060b03ca329/content.htm

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julien

Auth Object F_KNA1_GRP restricts access to Customer Account Group

If you want to restrict access to groups of fields in the Vendor master, then you may want to look at field group restrictions via object F_KNA1_AEN.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_40b/helpdata/es/38/ee2c7dd435d1118b3f0060b03ca329/content.htm

0 Kudos

With the following object F_KNA1_GRP, I can limit the access to specific account group, what I already use, but what I really want is to restrict the access to the tab general data for one of our specific account groups.

Is there any object which goes 'deeper' than the F_KNA1_GRP in the maintenance of this tab general data?

0 Kudos

Hi Julien,

It is possible but for XD02 and XD03. You can control it using authorization object F_KNA1_AEN and transaction OB30.

Go to OB30. Do the requisite customising. For example if you want to give access for fields X,Y and Z to one set of users then club them under one field group.

Then give the value of the field group in F_KNA1_AEN and assign the authorization to the users who are supposed to maintain the fields X,Y and Z.

Hope it helps.

Regards.

Ruchit.