cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to test mail adapter ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any guide thats explains the process of sending mails from XI to outlook. What is the Outbound Interface and Inbound interface. I know the configuration of Mail Adapter but little confused about Design. Any suggestions, or docs as how to go about is highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Maya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maya,

You can create a simple File->XI->Mail scenario.

Here you need to have Data type, message type and message interfaces for both Sender and Receiver side.

Do the message mapping and interface mapping and you design is complete.

You can very well use a common data type for both the ends.

Now you need to do the configuration part which i believe you are comfortable with.

Also, Please go through these links:

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/07/mail-adapter-scenarios-150-sap-exchange-infrastructure

and,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/weblogs.sdn?blog=/pub/wlg/1685 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

I hope it helps,

Thanks & Regards,

Varun Joshi

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can take a look at my weblog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/07/mail-adapter-xi--how-to-implement-dynamic-mail-address

is shows a more advanced way (with dynamic receivers) to send e-mails but you can try it also cause it's not that difficult:)

Regards,

michal

Message was edited by: Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Michal,

Infact I wrote this after seeing your weblog. I imported everything as said in the weblog, but i was not sure as what is inbound and outbound message interface. Under external definitions i see mail & mailreceipt messages. Where do I use them in outbound or inbound. Do I have to create any data/message types. Where do I get the data and how to pass it to the mail. Can you give me some tips.

Thanks,

Maya

Message was edited by: Maya Rao

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sure I can

1. so in my case all of them are abstract interfaces as I was using it in a business process (if you want to do it without a business process then the mail external def. is inbound)

you have to create message interface on the basis of the Mail external def. and mapping from something (idoc,rfc etc.)

>>Under external definitions i see mail & mailreceipt messages

if you want to send from XI you use mail

>>Where do I get the data and how to pass it to the mail.

anywhere you want... from a file, idoc, rfc

you just create a mapping and you have the data inside the abstrac e-mail message then you just pass it on to the mail adapter (like shown in the weblog)

Regards,

michal

Message was edited by: Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michal & all,

In my scenario , i have to post a message to the URL and then get the response back , which has to be emailed to a particular person.

I have done all the settings in receiver HTTP adapter to post the message to the URL.

How do i direct the HTTP response to the receiver mail adapter ?(I have done required settings in receiver mail adapter)

who can help me?

Thanks in Advance!

Message was edited by: murugadass krishnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The response message can be mapped to the interface used by the mail adapter.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi murugadass,

You have to make it a synchronous scenario, whereby the response from the HTTP can be mapped to the mail adapter.

If der is any particular point at which you are getting stuck, pl specify. I may be able to help you better then.

Regards,

Divya