cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iView to gml-file?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question regarding the Im- and Export of Models.

I read the tutorials regarding that topic, but I am a little bit confused.

As far as I know there are 2 ways to transport models.

One is by exporting and importing the gml-file. This seems to me (because I have done it myself) as a simple solution, but still the model has to be deployed on the final system.

The second method is more complicated and I did not really understand it. It has something to do with real transports via the SAP-System and with PAR-Files.

As far as I understood, not the gml-file is exported but the final iView.

Is that true? And if so, is there a way to get back from the iView to the model (gml-file), to make changes at the customers system?

Best Regards

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

VC Models can be transported using PAR files too,for doing so, the "Deploy with PAR" option should be selected in the options tab, by doing so,it the PAR file gets deployed with the model, so that a portal user can open the model in Storyboard, directly from the portal PCD (using the Open in Storyboard option).

For More Info...

<a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/bfe74c2e-0c01-0010-b99b-830ba6bb62e4">Check this</a>

Regards,

Vinoth.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth.M,

Sorry, but I did not get it. Does that mean, when I import the PAR-File, I have my iView and my gml file? If we deliver a an application to a customer, we still have to make changes at the customers place. Therefor the iView would not help, because I don't know a way to edit it. Only the gml file can be modified (as far as I know).

If I deploy the PAR-file, do I have the gml-file as well?

Yours,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

If u deploy the model with PAR file, u can edit the same by opening the iview in storyboard... for further info refer to the link i had sent to u.

Regards,

Vinoth.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth.M,

OK this is a clear answer, thank you.

Please allow me one additional question:

What is the advantage of using the transport by PAR-File instead of exporting the gml-file? It seems to me as if copying the gml-file is much easier than using the PAR-File.

With best regards

Your Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

if you use the portal transport you can also transport the translations of your iViews, which you have translated also in the portal.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

Sorry, you mean translations to other languages?

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correct you can translate the iViews into other translations. If you use the export into gml files you haven't the translations.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

Thanks a lot

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also using such a transport is often the only allowed path for the productive system. Otherwise you'd have to deploy via VC the application again, and this might - from your QA-resposnible or your internal processes - not be allowed.

Answers (0)