Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Party in a b2b Communication.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All,

I am currently involved in getting a naming conventions document for a landscpae that has more B2B scenario.

Think of B2B and the first think that comes to mind is "Party" . I know you create the Party in the Integration Directory and then add the Name Scheme and Agency to this and do your corresponding configuration.

Now, the point I am stuck in,

<u><b>1. Transportation of Party's?</b></u>

When you transport the Configuration Objects from one landscape to another (frm Dev to QA and prod), is it possible to change the name of the Party?

Is my assumption that just as Business Services are created in the Directory and cannot be renamed as you move across landscapes , <b>that Party also cannot be renamed and so the names of these party has to be independent of the landscape</b> ( we plan to suffix the name of the Buss System with _Dev , _QA and so on).

<u><b>2. Renaming of Agencies inside the Party?</b></u>

Now, inside the party we give the name of our Business Systems / Services for the corresponding Agency. As we move across environments, is it safe to assume that the names of the Business Systems will be changed against Agency as well if the SLD level transport targets are created correct?

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Bhavesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

1. Transportation of Party's? : your assumptions are right party can't be renamed and name should be independent across landscape.

2. Renaming of Agencies inside the Party?:

>>> is it safe to assume that the names of the Business Systems will be changed against Agency as well if the SLD level transport targets are created correct?

-Yes, If you created correct transport target then business system will be changed correctly.

Regards,

Gourav

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gourav,

if you have done this and it works then I guess my question is answered.

I know this is expected behavior, but I just wanted a confirmation from someonewhohas done this.

thanks all for your thoughts,

Regards

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gourav,

If you can drop me your mail id , it would be really useful. or can you send me a mail on my mail id.

You will find my mail id in my B card.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I saw this implementation in one of my clients implementation and I know it is working fine without giving any special treatment.

It is expected and normal behavior.

Regards,

Gourav

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

if you are using CMS , then objects of a party, service, or configuration scenario in the below links

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/49/630650f75d4df6a3dc2f93d51eb864/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/55/7a09d0d7d34b828a9740e322b9222c/content.htm

Regards

Chilla

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chilla,

My question has nothing to do with transport stratergy.

It is more on the names being mapped correctly during the movement of the objects in the new environment.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See the B2B means i hope the respective Partner not in the Same landscape, so we whave to do in file transfer , this was in the above link, and see the SAP Note 705541 for more details

Regards

Chilla

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chilla,

Note : 705541 describes how to import Integration Content into XI .

Regards

Bhavesh

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

I've send you a presentaiton about parties - oh what a party that was hehe:)

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Can you send it to me as well,

I am also looking for a solution that Bhavesh is looking for.

Regards

Piyush

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michal,

Thanks for the presentation. I already had it. )

But, would really appreciate your thoughts on my exact problem.

Thanks,

Bhavesh

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. just like I said - there's no landscape suffix in party (like dev etc)

2. but I never tried to tranposrt party so I can only base on what I think

Regards,

michal

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 1. just like I said - there's no landscape suffix in

> party (like dev etc)

Thanks. Partial Problem solved and my understanding was correct.

Question 2 as well I think the renaming will / should happen for Agency , maybe someone has done this and has the exact answer.

Will wait

Regards

Bhavesh