cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process XML file stored as a field in DB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

One of our application stores the data as XML in a field with in a table. How can I process this data. If I use JDBC adapter to connect with the db and retrieve the data, the resultant XML msg formed at JDBC adapter would become invalid. Hence I would get an error in mapping.

So how can I proceed here? Is there any way to skip JAVA/ABAP mapping here?

Your comments are higly appreciated.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

I'm not sure if this approach will work but you can try it (as very little efort needed)

create an XSLT mapping that will take everything from row (your XML doc)

(the oposite of - /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/01/xi-xml-node-into-a-string-with-graphical-mapping )

put this mapping before message mapping (in interface mapping)

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal/Bhavesh,

Thanks for your inputs. I will try your suggestions soon and update you on the result.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jai,

Write a Module that will extract the XML out of the XML created by the Sender JDBC adapter and create it in the format you want,

or, write a Java Mapping that will do this and use it as the first mapping in the interface mapping . The output of this java mapping will be the input to the graphical mapping.

Without programming this would not be possible.

Regards

Bhavesh