Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IncompatibleClassChangeError after implementing SP19

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we updated our system from SP16 to SP19 and have a strange problem since then:

When calling a self developed application on Server0, everything works. But when the user is loggen on to the second server node, he gets the error:

500 Internal Server Error - Failed to process request. Please contact your system administrator.

defaultTrace displays that:

Processing HTTP request to servlet [dispatcher] finished with error. The error is: java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError

at com.roche.eva.auftragerfassen.wd.AuftragLascheAG.initTooltips(AuftragLascheAG.java:258)

[...]

Before the deployment of SP19, we deleted the second server node and recreated it after the implementation of SP19.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve that issue?

Thanks in advance and best regards

Cornelia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is possible the application has not been deployed to the second server. I would suggest redeploying the .par and restarting the engine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

we redeployed the application, but that didn't have any effect. The solution was this: I deleted the second server node, deleted the directory /usr/sap/<SID>/JC01/j2ee/cluster/server1 and recreated the server node. Afterwards, the application was ok again.

Anyway, thanks for your reply!

Regards,

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll have to remember that If I get in a jam like that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the error was that I did not delete the directory server1 in the first place (when I deleted the server node from visual admin to make sure only one is running during the support package implementation).

Apparently it had some old files (SP16) mixed up with some new files (SP19).

well, now we know...

Answers (0)