cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Calling error

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am getting following error while calling RFC :

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDTypeNotFoundException: type sap.com.types.Zcount_Opensales could not be loaded: com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdException: failed to create provider: Connect to message server host failed

Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=mdserver GROUP=PUBLIC R3NAME=IDS MSSERV=sapmsIDS PCS=1

LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode

ERROR service 'sapmsIDS' unknown

TIME Fri May 04 12:59:08 2007

RELEASE 640

COMPONENT NI (network interface)

VERSION 37

RC -3

MODULE ninti.c

LINE 505

DETAIL NiPGetServByName2: service 'sapmsIDS' not found

SYSTEM CALL getservbyname_r

COUNTER 2

as wriiten reply to this type of error in another post it was written to go into

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\services file . as i get into this file no service by name sapmsIDS is there . what should i do . please help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lost Track

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to add en entry in the services file.

I can't remember exactly what it should be , but I think the base port is 3200

sapmsIDS <3200+instance nr>

Regards

Dagfinn

Former Member
0 Kudos

i added the service manually in my services file in windows , but does not seems to work . It now gives error as '?' service unknown , as seen in following details of error file :

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDTypeNotFoundException: type sap.com.types.Zstring could not be loaded: com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdException: failed to create provider: Connect to message server host failed

<b>ERROR service '?' unknown</b>

TIME Mon May 07 12:53:42 2007

RELEASE 640

VERSION 37

RC -3

COUNTER 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the message server port you have given is wrong.

Login to the R/3 system.

Go to transaction ST11 and there open the file dev_ms. You will find a line like I LISTEN TO PORT xxxx.

Please put this value in your service file.

Thanks & Regards,

Vijith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your post helpful in getting my listener port number cross checked from transaction over R/3 , but anyhow the port number is correct , its 3600. Any other suggestions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How did you add the message service in services file.

Please add it as below.

sapmsIDS 3600/tcp

Thanks & Regards,

Vijith

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes i added in the same way as in the header of the file format is specified, what i suspect on my end is that i open the sevices file in notepad or editplus , the spacing between the columns is that of spaces not tab , so something is wrong with the spacing thing , as previous to this it used to give sapmsIDS service not found error but after adding it , it gives '?' service not found.

So i guess it is not able pick up the 3600/tcp value due to incorrect spacing . but i am clueless about how to rectify it, if somebody can help with the format of spacing of such files . apparently the indentation of file shows that format is corrrect but my senses say its not , what should i do .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I dont think the spacing should create a issue check whether the line is commented .. I mean is there a hash in front of the service.

1. sapmsIDS 3600/tcp (This is wrong)

sapmsIDS 3600/tcp (This is correct)

Thanks & Regards,

Vijith

Former Member
0 Kudos

No , no hashes involved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I believe you are editing the following in the services file where the server runs.

Thanks & regards,

Vijith

Former Member
0 Kudos

i dint get you , i am adding this in the services in the path c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\services , which is on my computer , on the server end as you told in transaction st11 the sapmsIDS service is present on port number 3600. what is so called where the server runs. Plz explain , if i am wrong .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There will be a Java server running(WAS) running from which you are trying to connect to R/3.

Say for ex:

I have a portal server A and I want to connect to a R/3 system B. I got the message server port of system B from trn ST11 and then I go to the services file in server A and add the parameter sapmsIDS 3600. If your system is unix you will have to add the param in /etc/hosts file. Please explain the system architecture and what you are trying to do.

Thanks & Regards,

Vijith

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have enterprise portal developer studio deployed on nwserver , and rfc written in abap in mdserver . call of rfc from nwserver to mdserver s required. But how i will get services file in server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is your portal server that is trying to connect to your backend but not from the local system. Hence the RFC connection will be succesful iff you change the services file on which the Portal server runs.

Please understand that the once you deploy your code on the Portal server it runs from there and not from your local machine hence configuring your local system services will not help.

You can contact you system admin to do the changes or if you have access do the changes manually.

Thanks & Regards,

Vijith

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have access to server files , but the problem is i am unable to find any services files that could be opened in text formats as they all are exe files . how do i open them to add the services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which OS does your server run?

If it is Windows you should be able to open the services file with word pad.

Thanks & Regards,

Vijith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vijith , the error 'sapmsIDS service not found' is gone , and i was able to find services file on my server and edit it , but another error har appeared which gives connection time out. if you can help with this :

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDTypeNotFoundException: type sap.com.types.Zstring could not be loaded: com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdException: failed to create provider: Connect to SAP gateway failed

ERROR partner not reached (host 169.254.25.129, service sapgw00)

TIME Mon May 07 16:33:55 2007

RELEASE 640

VERSION 37

RC -10

MODULE nixxi_r.cpp

LINE 8672

DETAIL NiPConnect2

SYSTEM CALL SiPeekPendConn

ERRNO 10060

ERRNO TEXT WSAETIMEDOUT: Connection timed out

COUNTER 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thats good.

I hope you have checked the message server port. If it is correct then proceed as follows.

Do a ping from Portal server to 169.254.25.129?

Check that the IP of the system you are trying to connect is 169.254.25.129.

After all checks:

Go to ST 11 in the backend system. Open the trace dev_rd. There will be a line BIND servicesapgw00 to port xxxx.

Add in the services file sapgw00 xxxx/tcp. In Portal server

Thanks & Regards,

Vijith

Former Member
0 Kudos

i logged into server and did a ping its response was as follows :

Packets : send 4 ; received 0 ; lost = 4 ( 100% loss)

Appropriate round trip time in milliseconds :

Min : 0 ms ; Max : 0 ms ;Avg : 0 ms

Now what does that mean i cannot interpret , except that all packets for communication are getting lost :

but why and how to rectify dont know.

Second you asked to verify that system i am trying to connect to is 169.254.25.129.

How do i verify this .

As you told me to go to ST11 and open the dev_rd file , certainly there i find the mdsever address wtitten as 169.254.25.129 , mdserver is my R/3 system i am trying to connect to . And surely the bd address for service sapgw00 is to port 3300 , on both the servers , one with which i am connecting and to the one which i am trying to connect to , i have verified it. Now tell next what to do.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

100% loss implies that the portal server was not able to communicate with the backend system

Try

to add in the services file sapgw00 3300/tcp.

Thanks & Regards,

Vijith

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is already a service with this name and port name in the services file, nothing to add. Please tell me one thing this is the same services file in which i did addition of sapmsIDS service.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The service has to be added i nyour Portal server.

But if there is already a service by that name then I think it is a issue with domain or network as the ping was not working.

Kindly contatc your network team and explain them. Probably there might be a security layer which is preventing this.

Ideally a ping to R/3 server should work from Portal server.

Thanks & Regards,

Vijith

Former Member
0 Kudos

i want to know that my mdserver ip address is : 10.112.132.211

but there in error it gives cannot connect to host 169.254.25.129

why is it so , and my hosts file is suppose to have which address 10.112.132.211

or 169.254.25.129 . when i do ping for address 10.112.132.211 it is able to connect.

But a ping to 169.254.25.129 fails what should i do.

I am not able to call RFC's from another server.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez help.

Thanks and Regards,

Nuzhat Khan