cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R/3 customizing to APO thru CIF

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Is there are standard process wherein i can activate integration model to transfer the R/3 customizing to APO thru CIF.

I checked the ATP customizing available in CFM bu think this is restricted to ATP alon and no all customizing.

Regards

Valavan.B

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What actually u wanted in APO on Customizing

And Why u want that in APO?

regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay,

When we tried to transfer the Customer to APO we faced an error "Error in Address for Customer XXXXXX", and the error was in Posta Code length not matching with R/3

Due to this we had an idea of transferring the custiomizing to APO so any further changes in R/3 Customizing will be updated to APO.

Regards

Valavan.B

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are very few items of config that impact both ECC and SCM systems. For the programming effort you would need, it would far outweigh the effort in just updating the config in both systems.

I would suggest that you ensure your consultants are aware of the impacts of config change on the other system and have a simple control mechanism (e.g. an Excel spreadsheet with the affected items of config listed at a high level) then they just have to ensure they update both systems for those changes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just check the queue and deactivate the model for the customer and re send it using tcode cfm1/cfm2

It will go definately. Postal code length is 6 right. It has to go

check and let me know

regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Also please check whether time zone has been updated in R/3 customer master.

We had similar problem for vendors and after updation of timezone, the problem got resolved.

Regards,

Murali.J

Former Member
0 Kudos

To answer your question " Whether all customizing can be sent directly to APO via CIF", The answer would be a STRICT NO NO

Only the ATP Customizing can be sent to APO via CIF and this is a one time activity.

I completely understand what other customizing you are talking about.

You have to maintain them manually in your APO Development server and migrate them to Quality and Production servers..

The following General Settings in APO would have to be maintained manually in sync with R3 data otherwise you would get QUEUE blocks while CIFING Master Data.

The reason is that apart from the standard general settings provided by SAP, every company adds their own general settings in R3.

However when you have installed SCM, only the standard general settings were given and you have to make sure that you maintain the same in APO as well.

To Name a few: I would suggest you go through all the general settings in APO and compare them with R3 and add wherever missing in APO..

Delete the Queue and donot activate any master data until you finish these settings otherwise you would be seeing QUEUES in SYSFAIL status.

(1) Define Countries in mySAP.COM( Double click on the country to see addiditional settings), Country Specific Checks( Double click on the country to see addiditional settings) ,Regions

(2) Time Zones- Maintain System Settings, Maintain Time Zones

I am 100% confident that when the above are maintained, you will no longer see the MASTER DATA QUEUES in error status

Let me know If this helps..