cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to generate form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have developed a form using Smartforms. This is form is working fine in Development and QA servers, but not in Production Server.

Whatever, the changes I make, they are working Dev & QA server, but in production server, I am getting an error message as "Unable to generate form (formname).

In the debugging mode, it is indicating the following.

===========================================================

Runtime error : DBIF_RSQL_INVALID_CURSOR.

Exceptn : CX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB.

Short text : Inalid interruption of a database selection.

>>>> Select * from ASTAT_TYP1 into GS_TYP1 when O_I_kEY = 'O' order by primary key.

Move-corresponding GS_TYP1 to GS_TYP2.

Insert GS_TYP2 into table GT_Typ2.

===========================================================

Kindly look into the same and guide me with a solution.

TIA.

Regards,

Mark K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Same problem I am facing. In Dev & Test it is working fine but in Production it is giving me error: 'Unable to generate smartforms'

Please inform me how u solved ur issue. If I will solve ds issue i will inform u.

regards,

Mehul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

There is a posibility of form not being generated if the form is very big.

If the form takes more time to generate and if the session expires the form won´'t be generated in foreground.

So, try to generate the from in the backgound. Run and Submit the program SF_BATCH_GENERATE giving the form name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mark

Check whether the smartform is present in production or not if it is already exists in ur production server then check whether it has been properly transported or not so consult ur basis consultant. If there is no problem in transportation also then check whether all the tables u declared in the smartform are transported properly or not. There may be such situation that some tables may be may not present in appl server so check whether all tables are present in appl server or not if there are all tables in appl server then check whether all the tables are transported with smartform or not.

These are maximum situations occur try to resolve this

Rewards if helpfull

regards

pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please compare the version in Dev and Qa with the one in Production.

If possible please attach the code where the error has occurred.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark ,

First of all please logon to the production system and check if the smart form exists in the the system.

Regards

Arun