Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Transfer with SFTP from ABAP

Amarnath
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

We have a requirement that our client is migrating one of the EDI suppliers to other vendor who requires SFTP mechanism. The data transfer has to be done from ABAP system to other external system. We are not sure how we can accomplish this requirement. Can anyone share your ideas or thoughts on this?

If I am sure as of now they are transferring data with RFC. Now they want to move for SFTP.

Best Regards,

Amarnath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amarnath,

For such requirement using PO/PI is a best option.

Also you can refer to below link for ABAP to SFTP communication.

Regards,

Anil Bhandary

Amarnath
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Anil,

I am not sure what Basis tasks are in this type of requirement. Could you please explain me what all things has to taken care?

Best Regards,

Amarnath

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amarnath,

As mentioned in earlier reply the best option to use SFTP function is to use PO/PI in landscape which fulfil our requirement without any issue.

The link shared above talks manual scripting on the OS level which we schedule on regular basis.

Abaper can write a program to log the file on specific location and Os scripting can take care of shipping the file.

Note: PO/PI is viable option for such scenario, all this manual scripting should be made available when customer don't have PI/PO in landscape or they don't want to implement PI/PO landscape.

Regards,

Anil Bhandary

Amarnath
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Anil,

We have PI 7.31 SP12 with PIB2BSFTP add-on equipped with it. Could you please help me to understand below thing,

Who should hold SFTP server? Our client or 3rd party vendor?

How to establish connection/transfer from ECC to PI and PI to SFTP and to 3rd part (GXS)?

Am I on the right page in understanding the situation?

Best Regards,

Amarnath

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amarnath,

If you have PI with B2B installed, then you don't have to worry of anything.

You PI can directly talk to customer SFTP Server.

Customer has SFTP server and you have PI that's it, your PI consultant has to configure SFTP adapter by providing neccesary input of SFTP server.

Regards,

Anil Bhandary