Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG:Stageing Area tables

xavier_abap
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am new to SAP MDG,and I have a basic question.

Are the staging area tables generated for a Data Model are Environment(Development/Quality/production) independent or dependent(Tables name)?

Can I write directly select queries on Staging area tables data and push to third party systems..?

Regards,

Xavier

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dilipan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Xavier,

The staging area tables are environment dependent. We should not use direct queries on these tables. Instead we have APIs (Classes) to achieve this. You can refer the below to get some understanding on different classes available in MDG.

Master Data Governance Application Programming Interface Guide

How to Read Approval Info for Master Data by Calling MDG API

Regards,

Dilipan

xavier_abap
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Dilip,

I have one more Question,I have Developed a Custom data model with multiple entities what is the best approach to replicate the data to target Non-SAP system...?

Data has to be replicated to multiple systems.

Regards,

Xavier

former_member260552
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier......you can use IDOCs for your requirement i think.......you will have to write a DRF class for idoc generation.....you can use this link for configuration

http://go.sap.com/documents/2015/07/92dd65e4-557c-0010-82c7-eda71af511fa.html

You need to decide what is easier for you as i know some people try service for replication also.

what are the entities you are using.....type 1 and 4s and what is your mode?

xavier_abap
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Samad...All my entities are type 1 and there are 30 entities in my custom data model and I am using Reuse Mode.