cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Available.log size limit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are looking for avaiable.log file behavior.

Is there any maximum size of this file, When this file get overwritten.

And for update, I guess it keeps on checking sapstartsrv keep on checking SAP processes every 60 sec and whenever it finds processes down it updates this file.

Regards,

Shivam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

as this is the Oracle forum I will assume you are talking about the Alert log and other trace files created by Oracle (if not, then probably you should address it in other forums)

Oracle log/trace files are not overwritten.

For the Oracle trace files (not the alert log), its maximum size is limited by the Oracle parameter MAX_DUMP_FILE_SIZE. The default value is UNLIMITED (maximum size the OS allows). in SAP it is recommended to set it to 20000 (If I recall properly)

The Oracle Alert log does not have a maximum size. You should keep an eye on its size

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am discussing for available.log which is SAP file and available under /usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS00/work.

Regards,

Shivam

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Shivam Mittal wrote:

Hi,

I am discussing for available.log which is SAP file and available under /usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS00/work.

Regards,

Shivam

ok, then no oracle related whatsoever, so I do not understand why you create a thread in the oracle forum

take a look at this link https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/47/cfdbfcc3ad2972e10000000a42189b/content.htm, it should be of help. otherwise open a new question on the proper forum (ex. SAP Netweaver Administration :=> https://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-administrator/content?filterID=contentstatus%5Bpublished%5D~...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivam

Please check the below link

For Size: I believe as long as there is space in file system.

Regards

Prithviraj