cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port number and also error logs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have encountered some error during the configuration of the JBBBDBC at the server side. I wan to know whether for the configuration part. we have to enter the

host and the port number.

I entered this,

<IPAddress>:80;databasename="database"

is the port number correct? I am not too sure. But they is prob running when i tried to execute my SELECT statement to try out whether it can work or not. I check the log files and these are my errors

error 1:

com.sap.engine.services.dbpool.exceptions.BaseSQLException: ResourceException in method ConnectionFactoryImpl.getConnection(): com.sap.engine.services.dbpool.exceptions.BaseResourceException: SQLException thrown by the physical connection: java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]Error establishing socket.

error 2:

com.sap.engine.services.dbpool.exceptions.BaseResourceException: SQLException thrown by the physical connection: java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]Error establishing socket.

error 3:

java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]Error establishing socket.

Have anyone encountered these error b4?? How to solve them ??

Thanks loads

Quatre

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

if you r working in Sap enterprise portal use for connection url

jdbc:sap:sqlserver://ilsql01.tlv.sap.corp:1433;DatabaseName=Northwind

ilsql01.tlv.sap.corp:1433 this is your portal url with port number

Northwind is your database name.

for dirver you need to give

com.sap.portals.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

in case if you r working on other than sap say windows along with oracle try to use

Connection URL as jdbc:oracle:<drivertype>:@<database>

Driver name as oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

ex jdbc:oracle:thick:@localhost:3036:mydb

Oracle implements two types of JDBC drivers:

Thick JDBC drivers built on top of the C-based Net8 client, as well as a Thin (Pure Java) JDBC driver to support downloadable applets. Oracle JDBC drivers are used to create JDBC applications to communicate with Oracle databases.

Oracle extensions to JDBC include the following features:

Data access and manipulation

LOB access and manipulation

Oracle object type mapping

Object reference access and manipulation

Array access and manipulation

Application performance enhancement

*************if the information is helpful to you please reward points************

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls go to this thread for more information/solution

/thread/402668 [original link is broken]