Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating CDS(Core Data Service) in ABAP - missing "DDL Source" option"

Former Member

Hello Experts,

I am trying to create a CDS and as a first step creating the ABAP repository object. I am on ABAP 7.4 SP12 and Eclipse using ABAP Dev Tools for SAP HANA 2.64 and as far as I know these 2 exceed the prerequisites. For some reason I don't see the "DDL Source" as an option in the list, see attached image below. I am wondering if there is any option that needs to be turned on either during install or during development. Thanks in advance.

regards

Prahalad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I downloaded the latest ABAP dev tools (Neon) and it was resolved

SAP Development Tools for Eclipse - Neon Software Repository

5 REPLIES 5

Rekha_DR
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hello Prahalad,

From your screenshot I can see that you are searching DDL under Dictionary. But there should be a seperate folder for Core Data Services as shown in the below screenshot .There is an option 'Data Definition' to create the DDL source. Please check.

Regards,

Rekha

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Rekha,

You have plenty more options.. I don't even see Core Data Services listed. Would you know how to turn this on?  

thanks

Prahalad

Former Member
0 Kudos

I downloaded the latest ABAP dev tools (Neon) and it was resolved

SAP Development Tools for Eclipse - Neon Software Repository

Rekha_DR
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hello Prahalad,

Good to know the issue is resolved.

I have the Mars( 2015 ) version of Eclipse installed on my machine with ABAP AS 7.5 version, ADT tool version 2.67.

Juno version of eclipse ( 2012 release ).

Best Regards,

Rekha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rekha,

Typo - I did upgrade it to Neon and not Juno. Edited my reply. Thanks.

regards

Prahalad