cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tree map grayed out even after refresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A Treemap is used as a header for filtering other data-sources.

In regular usage the users want to start again after applying filter on Tree-map. We are clearing filters using State.backToStart() and data refreshes on Tree-map, but the Tree-map is grayed out on items which is not selected in previous instance.

I tried,

(1) to re-load the data using reloadDataSources(DS) on the tree-map after refresh (using State.backToStart())

(2) also tried DS_1.clearFilter("ZZDIMENSION");

(3) tried clear filter as in point 2 with DS_1.loadDataSource();

Please refer to attachment for details of error.

NOTE: We are using Version 1.6 SP2

regards,

Muthu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you share more information about how you are using the Treemap as a filter to other data sources? You can also use the camera icon to upload screen shots so the community can better assist.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Tammy,

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

Screen-shots

creen-shots

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

More information as suggested by Tammy.

(1) I use below code to filter on Treemap.

var DIMENSION = INFOCHART_TREEMAP_DIMENSION.getSelectedMembers("ZZDIMENSION");

DS_INFO-CHART_DIMENSION.setFilter("ZZDIMENSION", DIMENSION);

(below not in properties, but for clarity)

Source : INFOCHART_TREEMAP_DIMENSION (DS is DS_TREEMAP)

Target:    DS_INFO-CHART_DIMENSION

(2) I use below code to re-start application(refreshes all data-sources)

onClick   event of  an 'Icon'  - ->  State.backToStart());

The above codes does the job well.

Issue:

I tried to avoid graying out items in tree-map as in below options(I am trying to get all items in tree-map with normal/bright colors) Unfortunately none solved my issues.

(1) DS_TREEMAP.reloadData();

(2)  DS_TREEMAP.loadDataSource();

(3)  DS_TREEMAP.clearFilter("ZZDIMENSION") and DS_TREEMAP.loadDataSource();

If I click on the border on the tree-map, all item turns to normal color(this I can't suggest to users), but maybe throw some light on the problem.

NOTE: The tree-map sits on a Panel.

Regards,

Muthu

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK I can reproduce this

But DS_1.clearFilter works for me as along as I explicitly state the dimension and not pass the variable; could it be the variables are not passing correctly in your application?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

Thank you very much for trying out.

I am passing the filter directly and not as variable in option (after State.backToStart();)(3) DS_TREEMAP.clearFilter("ZZDIMENSION") and DS_TREEMAP.loadDataSource();

Are you saying you are able to replicate the issue and solve by clearing the filter.

I also tried clearing the filter first and then calling State.backToStart();  but it didn't solve.

(DS_TREEMAP.clearFilter("ZZDIMENSION") and then State.backToStart();)

Can you please let me know how you did it please.

Thanks again.

regards,

Muthu

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

On the clearfilter, I explicitly stated the dimension, and did not pass a variable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

Sorry to say again and a bit lengthy explanation.

I did not use variable and passed the dimension directly as below

State.backToStart();

DS_TREEMAP.clearFilter("ZZDIMENSION")

DS_TREEMAP.loadDataSource();

ZZDIMENSION is direct value of dimension(I just masked the real name for client confidentiality, sorry about this).

I also tried on a simple dashboard with only one treemap(as Header) and one chart (as target for filter), both of them info-charts.

Then I used a button to start the dashboard from initial state with same code as above, but it didn't help. The Treemap items are grayed for those not selected.

When I click on the edge of Treemap all items brighten-up(I don't want the user to do this).

It looks like it is standard feature in Treemap and Pie-chart selection. After filtering using onClick if you want to get back to original state just click outside the chart area and it removes the filter to show items. So probably this behavior is preventing the action State.backToStart(); not to go back to original state.

In my case I am doing a State.backToStart(); for which all dashboard components are expected to turn to their original state and it is not happening even after using clearFilter and loadDataSource.

Can you explain a bit more please, how you managed to get the original state .

Thank you very much.

PS: SCN website was not responding well so a delayed reply.

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

Sorry to say again and a bit lengthy explanation.

I did not use variable and passed the dimension directly as below

State.backToStart();

DS_TREEMAP.clearFilter("ZZDIMENSION")

DS_TREEMAP.loadDataSource();

ZZDIMENSION is direct value of dimension(I just masked the real name for client confidentiality, sorry about this).

I also tried on a simple dashboard with only one treemap(as Header) and one chart (as target for filter), both of them info-charts.

Then I used a button to start the dashboard from initial state with same code as above, but it didn't help. The Treemap items are grayed for those not selected.

When I click on the edge of Treemap all items brighten-up(I don't want the user to do this).

It looks like it is standard feature in Treemap and Pie-chart selection. After filtering using onClick if you want to get back to original state just click outside the chart area and it removes the filter to show items.So probably this behavior is preventing the action State.backToStart(); not to go back to original state.

In my case I am doing a State.backToStart(); for which all dashboard components are expected to turn to their original state and it is not happening even after using clearFilter and loadDataSource.

Can you explain a bit more please, how you managed to get the original state .

Thank you very much.

regards

Muthu

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Muthu - I placed the clearfilter statement on a button and that seems to work for me; did you place yours somewhere else?

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

also to add I tried this on SP2 patch 1

Filter:

Reset

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tammy,

Thank you again.

I do the same, I use clear filter in the button.

The requirement from user is the color of items in treemap after reset is to be even(bright) on all items(elements) not grayed out on un-selected items. The requirement is reasonable as we use the filtered item(element) to filter another chart and when we clear, the treemap should be back to initial(same color on all elements).

I hope that I have explained the requirement. I will re-phrase and send more screen shots to explain further(meanwhile you can check my screenshot above).

regards,

Muthu