cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP B1 9.0 Client Installation Does Not List Companies

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have installed a SAP B1 client in a client pc. After donw with the installation, I right click and run as administrator. However, the list of companies do not show out. I have to manually installed the MS SQL Server 2008 Native Client into that particular client pc. Other clients who are using SAP B1 clients within the network has no issues using SAP B1. Does anybody has any idea about it?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gaurav_bali
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yan

Please ensure that latest version of .Net Framework is installed on the client PC. If not please install it and restart the PC. It should fix the problem.

Also ensure that b1-local-machine.xml at

c:\Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One DI API\Conf\ and

C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One\Conf contains correct server reference.

0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

I managed to resolve this issue by reformatting the client's pc. After that I can install and run SAP B1 without issues. Before I format the pc, I had .NET Framework 4.6.1 installed. Anyway, thanks a lot for your suggestions.

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Good to hear that you got it to work, and thank you for sharing the solution.

Please close this thread by awarding helpful or correct answer.

regards,

Johan

0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

Thanks a lot for your efforts to try to help me. Really appreciate it. Thanks again.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the reason was that SQL Server 2008 Native Client was missing on the affected client pc, then apparently it was not missing on the other client pcs.

Regards,

Johan

0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

At the moment I am still facing this issue, is there anything I can try with? And I never manually installed the Native Client before this, I have disabled the firewall and no antivirus is installed. I read almost all posts online but seems like it does not help. I am running on SAP B1 9.0 PL05, MS SQL Server 2008, whereas my client pc is a 32 bits OS, Win 7 Prof.

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

MS SQL Server Native Client is a software that is part of several software installation packages. It is likely that some software was installed on all other machines that was not installed on the affected machine.

After you installed MS SQL Server Native Client, did you set all the settings in the login screen?

Regards,

Johan

0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

Could you elaborate on the settings that I need to do? Do it at the server or the affected pc? Currently in the login screen in my particular pc is as per below:

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The server setting in this screenshot is (local). That should probably be something else?

Regards,

Johan

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think that's the bugs of SAP B1 9.0 PL05. Upgrade to latest version of SAP B1

Regrds,

0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

Yeah, the local should be the server name, but in this case it is shown as per above. Before I manually installed the MS SQL Server Native Client, the field MSSQL_2008 was shown as 10 instead.

I would like to add on that I faced another issue initially upon installing the SAP B1 client. Below the is the imgae of the error:

However, I managed to bypass this error by deleting the key PendingFileRenameOperations found under the Registry Edit with the path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Control > Session Manager.

I am uncertain if the action taken above result in any impacts. Please assist. Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi Jimmy,

But other clients can use SAP B1 9.0 PL05 without issues for quite sometimes. We have Windows 7 and Windows 10 running fine on this particular version and patch level of B1.

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible that this has affected the installation.

I recommend you reinstall the client:

1. uninstall any addons (if this was a fresh install then this probably is not necessary)
  2. uninstall the B1 client
  3. uninstall the DI API
  4. delete all left over folders and files related to SAP Business One
  5. delete all registry entries related to B1
  6. go to %temp% and delete the SM_OBS_DLL folder if it exists
  7. go the the b1share folder and install the B1 client (run as administrator)

Regards,

Johan