Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG-M and Change Management

Erdal_Şimşek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I would like to test the material revision capabilities of MDG-M. For that I have created a Change Master with a Change Number and a Valid From date in the future in ERP (tx.: CC02). I am using the MAT02 change request and after I have chosen a material I assigned the change number to the Change Management section in the MDG-M UI:

When I try to activate the CR then my expectation would be that MDG-M writes this material with the change(s) into the objects list of this change master. Instead I am receiving following validation log entry:

When I wait until the Date-from date and activate again I am getting another error:

which seems to be a standard message from the change master.

Why isn't the revision not added to the object list in SAP Change Master (-> CC03->Objects)? Moreover, this is not related to report MMCHACTV.

I would like to understand the logic/concept behind change master in MDG-M more. But I was not able to find any specific information or documentation. Goal is to later connect PLM to MDG and go via ECM where it is possile to create different revisions of one material.

Would be great if you could provide any input.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Erdal

former_member907020
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Erdal,

Were you able to get solution for the requirement as I we have similar requirement in our project.

BR,

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

d024348
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi, the basic idea (to my understanding) is similar to the "Change Number" field in the entry screen of transaction MM01/MM02.

So if the change number 1028233 can be used in transaction MM01/MM02 for your material, it should also work in MDG-M.

Regards, Ingo Bruß

Erdal_Şimşek
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ingo,

yes, we have used change number 1028233 in MM02 and there it certainly worked. But when we tried it in MDG it didn't act like that so I am wondering whether we need to adjust any parameter, e.g. in MDG customizing (I was not able to find anything) or anything anywhere else. Moreover, is there any document on this subject?

Thanks!

BR,

Erdal

d024348
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi, I am not aware of any additional customizing needed for MDG-M

Regards, Ingo Bruß