Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Upload in MM03 using Persona

fahad_saplearning
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to create a flavor for MM03 transaction where I have an issue with file upload.

In Windows based GUI, the upload feature appears as follows where it opens up the upload prompt for selecting the file from the local machine.

However in Persona, it appears as follows where user has to import the file from local system to Z Drive (Browser File system) first  and then select the file from Z Drive.

If you look at this scenario, it creates confusion to the Persona users who are well versed with Windows GUI before.

So my question is, how can I simplify the Persona screen by opening up the standard upload prompt for selecting the file from the local machine (similar to Windows GUI) with single click. I tried to record the scripts, but it always open up the file prompt for Z Drive only.

Regards,

Faddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You can't.

This is the new way how browsers handle SAP file uploads. The reason is the deprecation of the old Java applet which took care of file operations. Since Java applets were deemed to be unsecure, they are now not supported and the file operation popup was replaced with a different method that uses an intermediate browser file system (this is the Z drive you see).