cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBP 6.3 (1608): How to restrict access to specify Planning Area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi team,

We are working in the creation of roles after our last upgrade to IBP 6.3 or 1608.

We would like that some of our user have access to specific Planning Areas.

So we create a specific Role, then go to "Maintain General Restrictions", then in the Read area, select Restricted, and in all the rows with "Planning Area" select the PA that I want give access to that role. I have a quick question here:

• Should we select in that field the Planning Area that I want to give access in that role?
  • Or I should select the rest of the Planning Areas that I don't want to give access in that role.

Then we should follow the same behaviour for the Write area.

We have tested both options, but when I select "Restricted" option and chose one of these option the user cannot access to any Planning Area. We are not sure if this is due we need additional configuration or it is an error and we need to create an OSS note.

Could you help with that?

Thanks in advance.

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member242371
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello David,

It should work as per your first point. Have you assigned unrestricted access for key figures and MDT along with planning area in read and write section?

For more information on restriction you may go through below SAP help link-

Specify Restrictions - SAP Integrated Business Planning - SAP Library

Thanks,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Thanks for the answer, yes we followed the first point and we restrict in all sections (Key Figures, Master Data, Management of Forecast Models, Planning Operators...), where we have the option of Planning area.

And yes in both sections: Read and Write.

Thanks for the link, we have read before to configure the role, but we would like to check if it is an error or I need more configuration.

Thanks,

David

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

why dont you try if you do NOT restrict this one object for planning area at all, if you than can access => that would show if something else is missing?

and if can access without this one restriction, than you can restrict on planning area --> if it than does not work any more that would be subject to OSS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Irmhild,

Thanks for your answer, and I tried what you say before to create this note.

Normally, we work without any restriction, and it is working fine, but now the number of user is increasing and we would like to restrict the access for some user to our development PA. So we start increasing restriction of some PA; but we receive error when we try to enter in the system through Excel that there are not PA available after restriction.

So I will create the OSS

Thanks all for your help.

David.

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

maybe a little misunderstanding:

If you provide a role that RESTRICTS, you need to put in a couple of objects, not only the PA

What I suggest is to have that role fully done and restrcited to all other restrcitions you like, but put in the authprization object for the Planning area unrestricted in the FIRST step. If that works, open OSS. But if that already leads to some error, you likely forgot some other object, such as authorization for excel at all

If you open OSS, please let us know about the solution in the end so others can learn from it as well, please. Thanks

Answers (0)